Gone back to the spot and...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackospread

Started using the old spot n stand again lately. Nice to have everything on there while trowelling up again. But most of all... after few big days of large area my back doesnt hurt as much as when using ******** and tub...

I use a board and stand on even small jobs.. I hate getting my bucket trowel handle dirty... bugs the crap out of me :)

Only time I don't use a spot and stand is if I'm patching in different rooms, got 4 different sized spot boards so they can suit whatever I'm doing. Just find it easier on my old back but each to their own.

Funnily, ive only recently gone back to board and stand too. Went years not using them as I was away from site situations. Mainly domestic but a couple of large float and skim jobs forces it back out of retirement doesnt it :). Much better when you can use it I think.. Keeps your mixing bucket cleaner :)

I use a refina bucket scoop no bending down needed with them

Yeah think they are a great idea, and going to invest in one.

My spot board is a polycarbonate sheet i pinched off a brickie, and stand a workmate bench.I use bungies to hook into the sheet and onto the bench to keep steady.I do want one of them collapsible stands.

I do like using a spot on times just because you can keep crap on them,

View attachment 1981

Last edited:
Hope you didnt unscrew that light fitting yourself JCR or it could be 6 to 10 in the pen for you if FFW cathces you.............:-0

Hope you didnt unscrew that light fitting yourself JCR or it could be 6 to 10 in the pen for you if FFW cathces you.............:-0

Just say it was like that when you got there, otherwise the old bill will be knocking down your door :RpS_scared:

No my uncle is a spark, and was with me on that job.

I have uncrewed fittings before down and out of the way and thought it fine as you don't touch the wires.Ya know just unscrew the casing.

No my uncle is a spark, and was with me on that job.

I have uncrewed fittings before down and out of the way and thought it fine as you don't touch the wires.Ya know just unscrew the casing.
FFW wont see it like that. get ready to be put on the naughty step...................:RpS_crying:

You skim around the casings ?.

I'm talking of getting room for your trowel under there and screw back up flush.
I have met your type in belmarsh, hardened socket and light fitting tamperers, cant see what they are doing wrong, the courts will damn you ....

my conscience is clear though, its not about the money....

I know the law where it comes to what i can and cannot do with electrics mate....you ?.

I'm talking just enough to get a trowel under there, not taking any wires out or having them exposed.

Villain ,the worst kind,no dead bodies on my job...see the errors of your ways before its too late...

Your crying wolf mate over nothing.

Your aloud to do certain electrics without needing LABC notification.

Do your bible bashing somewhere else :RpS_wink:

You're crazy to touch those electrics @jcrplast. It's a minefield I tell you...

I know a guy who got a massive fine for the same thing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the law where it comes to what i can and cannot do with electrics mate....you ?.

I'm talking just enough to get a trowel under there, not taking any wires out or having them exposed.

I don't think you do...... My mate removed casing once..... And put it this way he only ever done it once!! Get the owner of the house your working on to do it much safer!

I don't think you do.

At the time of writing (January 2011), the following work was classed as not needing notification to LABC:
1. Work consisting of -

(a) replacing any fixed electrical equipment which does not include the provision of -
(i) any new fixed cabling, or
(ii) a consumer unit;

(b) replacing a damaged cable for a single circuit only;

(c) re-fixing or replacing enclosures of existing installation components, where the circuit
protective measures are unaffected;

(d) providing mechanical protection to an existing fixed installation, where the circuit
protective measures and current carrying capacity of conductors are unaffected by the
increased thermal insulation;

(e) installing or upgrading main or supplementary equipotential bonding;

(f) in relation to an existing fixed building service, which is not a fixed internal or external
lighting system -
(i) replacing any part which is not a combustion appliance,
(ii) adding an output device, or
(iii) adding a control device,
where resting and adjustment of the work is not possible or would not affect the use by
the fixed building service of no more fuel and power than is reasonable in the
circumstances;

You can safely include turning on a light switch, plugging your extension lead in, and yes even unscrewing a ceiling light casing to that list.

Whats a marra, dont you want hair like tina turner ?,
View attachment 1983

Status
Not open for further replies.