Going to give the Ritmo another try tomoz

Members online

It really is a simple machine to run tbh.
It might takes a few weeks/months before the problems stop mate
If you can persevere with it you'll be looking back and laughing about it!!

Reactions: Mag
After a call to ian at pft Wales this morning we got the Ritmo working fine and hit the front of the house happy days

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 435
Nice work maz how long did it take to get that on and how many blokes were on it?
Have you used 3 phase mate it's be nice to have a comparison

P
Nice work maz how long did it take to get that on and how many blokes were on it?
Have you used 3 phase mate it's be nice to have a comparison
1h 1/2 I'd say it was me spraying my old man ruling off and my apprentice on the machine . No never used one as I'm new to the machine world ?

Last edited:
I would say if you have the workload a 2/1 gang is ideal
I've been doing the spraying and ruling of late and it's not ideal but still better than hand balling the gear
I'd rather sign on than hand ball render now :eek:

How do you know when you need a new mixing shaft for the Ritmo. Has anyone a picture of one that is f**k*d.

It will be worn in line with where the water enters the mixing chamber
A worn mixing paddle will knock the gear up very poorly

Second time of using the Ritmo tomorrow so fingers crossed I don't f**k it up again other wise it's hand balling 30 bags
I feel your pain bud, I used mine for the first time yesterday. Complete disaster and what a mess lol what should have been the easiest day in weeks turned out to be the worst.

Reactions: Mag
What did you do worng
I let the hopper get too low and gear started getting pissy so adjusted the water and ended up with a blockage half the wall was on at this point stressing out rang Brian in a panick lol. Cleared out the hopper and flushed pipe tried to spray again, nope wasn't happening:muyenojado: pulled out the mixer and finished wall while lab cleaned down machine and turned out it was in the gun.

I let the hopper get too low and gear started getting pissy so adjusted the water and ended up with a blockage half the wall was on at this point stressing out rang Brian in a panick lol. Cleared out the hopper and flushed pipe tried to spray again, nope wasn't happening:muyenojado: pulled out the mixer and finished wall while lab cleaned down machine and turned out it was in the gun.
It's all a learning curve I'm using mine again in a few weeks no doubt I'll have some sort of issue lol

ahh sorry i can see it more clearly now, the shaft has started to wear although its still fine. i'll try get a pic of a worn one to compare

@PFTwales Ian that was the kilsaran durarend I was spraying. That's the day I phoned up when I blocked the hose lol. I was talking to one of the blokes that makes it. He was saying that it 3 to 4 mil. I know my r@s is only up to 3mm. Do you think that is why it's hard to get it through the pipe.