Glancing / critical lighting or plastering issue?

Members online

Oh I think you'd be very surprised. Surely the plaster was visible long before any paint touched it, why was the quality not questioned at that point?
Not having a go at you, just trying to be fair to the plasterer who may not have been at fault.
The state of the bottom of that wall is definitely nothing to do with the spread, which makes me suspicious of the quality of the decorating.
The painter didn't paint right handed trowel sweeps into it did he?

You know the customer never knows what they're looking at until it's painted. It just looks like new plaster to them. That's how @Casper has been getting away with it all these years. He's long gone by the time they've painted and changed his number.

Plastic from start to finish probably
I did that once. Laid on with a regular steel and took a flex to it from there like I'd seen on YouTube.

Looked ace until the current bun shone straight through a side window next morning and then I had to do it again quick before the customer saw it.

The painter didn't paint right handed trowel sweeps into it did he?

You know the customer never knows what they're looking at until it's painted. It just looks like new plaster to them. That's how @Casper has been getting away with it all these years. He's long gone by the time they've painted and changed his number.
Who knows with a spray gun in their hands?

The stuff at the bottom of the wall is where it's been spray painted. It's dust in the paint

If your looking for a paint try Tikkurila Anti-Reflex 2

If it was my job I'd be recoating it with 2 coats of Alsecco FX plaster, sanding it, then applying two coats of Tikkurila Anti-Reflex 2 first sprayed and second back rolled

Last edited:
It's dust being blown in to the paint via the pressure of the spray from the airless sprayer.

The area wasn't prepared properly and the sprayer should/would have noticed it.

Do we know if the wall is f+s or just board work?

The stuff at the bottom of the wall is where it's been spray painted. It's dust in the paint

If your looking for a paint try Tikkurila Anti-Reflex 2

If it was my job I'd be recoating it with 2 coats of Alsecco FX plaster, sanding it, then applying two coats of Tikkurila Anti-Reflex 2 first sprayed and second back rolled
Yep, Tikkurila Anti-Reflex is what's being used. Thanks for the advice, really appreciated.

Can anyone offer an opinion on the images below please? I realise that we have an issue with light hitting the walls but any opinion on the quality of the plastering? This is new plastering on a new project and is supposed to be a finished surface. These aren't isolated areas, this seems to be the general level of finish even in small rooms like the WC.
Thanks.

192 views lol

192 paranoid c**ts

33CFBF4C-A150-47B5-A961-AA565C56D29F.jpeg

I did that once. Laid on with a regular steel and took a flex to it from there like I'd seen on YouTube.

Looked ace until the current bun shone straight through a side window next morning and then I had to do it again quick before the customer saw it.
I bought a plastic trowel from the scouse lad who designed em and sold the patent to refina eventually...use em from start to finish he said...1st time using them so I did a wall in one of my rental properties...Holy Jesus when the sun hit that wall I cud have died ....beginners mistake

I bought a plastic trowel from the scouse lad who designed em and sold the patent to refina eventually...use em from start to finish he said...1st time using them so I did a wall in one of my rental properties...Holy Jesus when the sun hit that wall I cud have died ....beginners mistake
I remember when they 1st came our.was effortless..reason why

I met the fella on a site in anfeild
keepmoat homes site

working for Merseyside plastering

he never advised us to use them Start to finish