giving up booze

Members online

hector

so,get through approx. 4 bottles of red wine, and 5/6 pints of real every week,..............i have crohns disease,....seen my consultant today,....and i have to cut back to 1 bottle a week,.....gonna miss my wine/real ale,.........anybody any tips/advice/,..anybody teetotal,.....also have to start drinking green tea/herbal teas etc,...again any info on teas would be appreciated,........p.s. my consultant agrees with me its still called a handboard.

Drink
To that

7E583270-BA72-4D86-8461-DFE63BBB3F8A.jpeg
Y

Well Hector old pal I say fook it and enjoy what you can handle!! I've seen old people just waiting for God and it ain't pretty!! Go out in a ball of flames!! I'm not going to no holding pen in a shitty hospital, Iv started so I'll finish!! My old man had a booze 30 mins before he when and that's the way I want to go... To late to worry for some of us cheers

I like lapsang souchong, chamomile, green, and I make my own teas, Rosemary, sage, peppermint and spearmint.
they don’t come close to a damn fine ale though:nocausagracia:

so,get through approx. 4 bottles of red wine, and 5/6 pints of real every week,..............i have crohns disease,....seen my consultant today,....and i have to cut back to 1 bottle a week,.....gonna miss my wine/real ale,.........anybody any tips/advice/,..anybody teetotal,.....also have to start drinking green tea/herbal teas etc,...again any info on teas would be appreciated,........p.s. my consultant agrees with me its still called a handboard.

just asked the wife ,she was a nurse. any thing acid will irritate your intestine.

as in green /herbal tea malc, or something else

Joan said that you should have been given a booklet from your consultant telling you all the things that you can drink and eat. rice is a no no in some cases.

I’m a tea guy too once you start getting into them they are quite good , bomb off the wine and get addicted to tea

Joan said that you should have been given a booklet from your consultant telling you all the things that you can drink and eat. rice is a no no in some cases.
yes,joan qute right,..got all that malc,.....been watching what i eat for last 6 years now,....some food i am okay with ,but others no,.......everbody is different who has crohns ,....diets/medication etc,.........always knew it was a matter of time before they got to the booze,......but hey ho it is what it is,........just have to adjust a bit more now,.....tesco tomorrow,....got some tea to buy

I’m a tea guy too once you start getting into them they are quite good , bomb off the wine and get addicted to tea
first day today vincey,.......and i can see where you are coming from,....had 4 cups green tea today,...it is quite addictive,

You got kids/ grandchildren nd that?

This redbush T is caffeine free. Drink it with milk as normal or straight. Good for IBS and the likes. Taste great. Buy it from any supermarket and it’s cheap. Tetley the best imo :)
77FB917E-79E3-4247-BE84-2216619866C0.png
B6BAEEFB-EC4C-4406-B626-4077994FFBBC.png

My mother has Crohn's, I'll ask her tomorrow for any insight . As much dexoification as possible I would imagine, you sound like your taking the right steps. Hope you get on top of it bud.

Hawk

My mother has Crohn's, I'll ask her tomorrow for any insight . As much dexoification as possible I would imagine, you sound like your taking the right steps. Hope you get on top of it bud.

Hawk
thanks olican ...appreciate it

What advice do you need? You’ve had the advice you need from the doc, give up the booze. Crohns is no joke. My brother and sister both have it. My sister waTched what she eats and does t drink and she’s fine, my brother......
He used to take the tabs daily so he could eat what he wanted and not s**t it straight out. That hasn’t worked for a few years now, everything goes straight through him. He has a skin condition on his scalp that now means his hair won’t grow back and has ghout in his ankle all because he’s nutrient deficient. He has a £125 pm supplement bill and is now on an elimination diet. All cuz some re***d doc said he doesn’t have to watch wheat he eats cuz he only loves once. He’s 30!