Getting the best out of the speedskim

Members online

Yeh even though I rounded corners off I still had marks on my work WTF so 2nd coat filling in after but @scottie5 had mentioned recently make sure u Bend them back now since then no miver but it's pigging common sense really :hueco:
Cool first couple of times I go over on ceilings I get a little line depending what I skim over but go side to side as well and as it drys and speed skim flatten again they go .. A lot less pressure as it firms up than first few times over ,jobs a good un.
On walls even old over skim I find if I getting lines cus the wall is a bit squee whiff i will hold the 600 more in the centre of the handle with both hands with less pressure again , lines are hardly there compared to holding it out wider on the handle
Hope that helps

Got it the end of March (I think) Did a 35m2 ceiling, reskim over artex, on my tod yesterday. Even in my prime I would've got a second spread in to help. I sweated my knackers off but got it done no problem.
Good going that is mucker never mind extra time ,extra b*ll***s eh

If yer doing ceilings normal decorator pole not cheap crap though n get the rest from @Speedskim
Sf blade is a good to use it's like a mediflex trowel go on there website n read up

If yer doing ceilings normal decorator pole not cheap crap though n get the rest from @Speedskim
Sf blade is a good to use it's like a mediflex trowel go on there website n read up

Watch the extendable poles with the buttons...... they have a small amount of slack in the catch so it swings around by quite alot on my 3footer

Fill joints in boards. One good thick coat. No need for the second (closing) coat. Speed skim while still nice and wet which closed it in all nice and flat. Speed skim works like a h section feather edge used in machine plastering. So keep the speed skim nice and flat to the wall like a Darby, not edge on like ruling of render. Don't be afraid to use pressure if needed. Use slightly more edge on if plaster had pulled in a bit. I use a 1.2 mtr speed skim. If new blade use a 5 pence piece to trace a curve on your nice new corners and trim into a nice rounded corner. Good luck

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk