getting ridiculously under cut.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hail hail

Private Member
Have just been ridiculously undercut IMO. Hate when this s**t happens because ya get the feeling that the client thinks your robbing them. I could have knocked another 1k odds of it and worked for 120euro a day and they still undercut my main price by massively :(
When one takes into consideration tax, public liability and so on, its hard to imagine how they ate even making money!

Have a look at this wall and tell me what yas think yous coukd do it for. I'll let yas know the difference in prices.

The wall is 144m long by 1.4-1.6m high. Needs scratched and napped(rubbed up with sponge). Expansion joints every 3 meters and a bellcast bead 300mm of the ground.

Back of wall is 144m x 2m high with pillars every 3m. Needs scratched and napped. All pillars to be corner beaded and expansion joints every 3 m.

There's another 2 panels that branch of that are 6m long x 2m high. Both sides need scratched and napped.

Been wrecking my brain as to how they could do it for the price they gave. Either they are fvuking animals or I'm to slow, thou I don't think its the latter.

Last edited:
I doubt you are to slow .. There always some plonk out there that will do jobs for next to nothing imo.

I'd understand if this was a cash job but through the books, madness! Admitatly I'm not the fastest but I ain't no fool who's really slow either but I do know how to price it reasonablely but as for these lot, they must be taking class As for this job lol.

It's near on impossible to compete with people like that as there mite be in a situation where there tight on work etc and will literally work for the bare minimum

You will probably get a call in a few weeks asking if you can come out to look at how much off a balls up was made of it and can you put it right

Have just been ridiculously undercut IMO. Hate when this s**t happens because ya get the feeling that the client thinks your robbing them. I could have knocked another 1k odds of it and worked for 120euro a day and they still undercut my main price by massively :(
When one takes into consideration tax, public liability and so on, its hard to imagine how they ate even making money!

Have a look at this wall and tell me what yas think yous coukd do it for. I'll let yas know the difference in prices.

The wall is 144m long by 1.4-1.6m high. Needs scratched and napped(rubbed up with sponge). Expansion joints every 3 meters and a bellcast bead 300mm of the ground.

Back of wall is 144m x 2m high with pillars every 3m. Needs scratched and napped. All pillars to be corner beaded and expansion joints every 3 m.

There's another 2 panels that branch of that are 6m long x 2m high. Both sides need scratched and napped.

Been wrecking my brain as to how they could do it for the price they gave. Either they are fvuking animals or I'm to slow, thou I don't think its the latter.
€9000 + Vat

When one takes into consideration tax, public liability and so on, its hard to imagine how they ate even making money! Either they are fvuking animals or I'm to slow, thou I don't think its the latter.

More likely it's to avoid having lads and/or a machine standing earning nothing. People will price just to cover their expenses rather than loose a load of money.

It happens sometimes, don't worry about it. (y)

. I'm sure you know by now how to price a job and sometimes this happens,you would have had some hardship if you got the job and were hoping to do it soon the way the weather is.One thing I learned is if a builder or client tells me someone else is cheaper they may be trying to play one lad off against the other.Fcuk them.

I'll have a go...£6531 sorry I don't know what that works out in euro..starting to like this thread it like bidding on that job website werenotratedpeople.com

Llf. Does look like that.

Will post the price up tomorrow after work.
tbh would'nt even dream of pricing a job without seeing it,the set up for getting the sand and cement to where I want it to be,and the standard of the block work.Ther'es no drying now at all and short days.Your better off away from a job like that this time of year.You seem like a sound ould skin ,did u ever do anything around Dublin?,don't really like working there but I could give u a few numbers if u wanted.Always had a soft spot for Mayo.Have Mayo blood in me.

Where do you live pug Jersey??
Tbf we are gonna get prices from all around the countries.
There is nowhere in Uk or Ireland that will be at a lower rate than the west of Ireland.
Hence hail hail's enthusiasm to work away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.