Getting on new build sites?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we used to do 2 and make a good living. but that was near on 7-8 years ago, but there was 4 of us so id make a small amount off the other lads, as well as what i earnt.
theres no point killing yourself and putting your body through gyp,just for a few quid more. we use to see loads of spreads that fired it on in there younger years and in there lats 40's there body is done.
but anyhow we dont touch plastering these days.

Three sets is all well and good on site work with a lab.

There's not a cat in hells chance on domestics mixing for yourself and cleaning up.

How do they get away with that I always thought all types of hoardings slower than skimming or im just a crap dryliner

Were on a site in Bradford for Taylor Wimpey, skim only price is absolutly crap, p/brd & skim garage ceiling and skim 3 walls £ 74.00, thats 3hrs work for two off us .We did some student flats last year for Roseville plasterers they paid £1.60 m2 they had blokes queing at the turnstilles to get on site. Things have got to get better

You will when its over a grand just to rent where you are
Yes it is expensive here to live, but builders and developers do not care, got 180 for fitting and bedding one render bead on Tuesday night, induction first, finished in two hrs with hacking off a bit,protection of floor and mixing area,love little jobs like that..

Were on a site in Bradford for Taylor Wimpey, skim only price is absolutly crap, p/brd & skim garage ceiling and skim 3 walls £ 74.00, thats 3hrs work for two off us .We did some student flats last year for Roseville plasterers they paid £1.60 m2 they had blokes queing at the turnstilles to get on site. Things have got to get better
ive worked for Taylor wimpey about 8 year ago on a site in Blackburn, we were subbies then but the skimming rate was 3 quid and we moaned about it then. There's still money in plastering for the principal contractors, it's just all the lads working for sub 2 quid that are lining there pockets.

Yes it is expensive here to live, but builders and developers do not care, got 180 for fitting and bedding one render bead on Tuesday night, induction first, finished in two hrs with hacking off a bit,protection of floor and mixing area,love little jobs like that..

I know I earnt 17 grand in 3 months last year shall we carry on or have you got anything else you want to show off about?

Oh, sorry for bringing joy to this down trodden thread ha ha...anyone know where to get a roof rack for my db7?

Oh, sorry for bringing joy to this down trodden thread ha ha...anyone know where to get a roof rack for my db7?

Might have one laying out in the barn somewhere will have a look tomorrow for u if i can be bothered to move the continental :)

Go on love msuck him off oh yeh I earnt 180 quid on daywork for 2 hours oooooh let me suck that **** of you're shoe my polish friend mmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.