Getting on new build sites?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones10

Hey lads
I have worked on new build sites in past and was thinking of getting back into it rather then doing up joe blogs house down the road, I worked for 1 company but now they have stopped trading and wondered how most of you get contacts to get on site? Ie who do you call to get ya foot through door, cheers all

Local large contractors or ask on site, large drylining firms usually have the contract

Where I live is full of new build sites, but you never see any1 local all vans are from Oxford etc 30+ miles away so wasn't sure, ill just ask the site foreman then, chars spunky

Hey lads
I have worked on new build sites in past and was thinking of getting back into it rather then doing up joe blogs house down the road, I worked for 1 company but now they have stopped trading and wondered how most of you get contacts to get on site? Ie who do you call to get ya foot through door, cheers all
I don't want to sound depressing but the prices are crap don't bother :RpS_thumbsup:

Its worth it mate if you get a start stay there for as long as you can i know the rates are pony.
And people out there saying that there better off sitting at home let them while your still earning a wage and paying bills.

Prices are only crap for those that cant make it pay lol just work a tad harder and put a good few hours in

I always made it pay ok, was 3squid a m2 when I was last on site, but it will always be seen as crap money but I would rather that then sit and watch Jeremy fooking Kyle every day

I always made it pay ok, was 3squid a m2 when I was last on site, but it will always be seen as crap money but I would rather that then sit and watch Jeremy fooking Kyle every day

£3m2 is top money these days bud! anyone can earn a crust on that, try £2m2. good luck to ya anyway!

sponge float at the ready lol ;)

1.90 a meter drylining and 2 skim I was offered lately thank but no thanks

im sure ive herd of worse rates aswell but i cnt remember them off the top of my head.
i was offerd 4 a meter couple of weeks ago but it was a bit of a punt out for me and i was really busy locally also i dnt have a cscs card

Portsmouth on a hospital the fella who took the work on offerd it to me at 4 a meter cos he knew me but anyone else was getting 2.50 a meter haha sounded a nice little job aswell he was only gonna give me 600m2 (nice little earner for a week) to do as he knew i was busy but it turned out i was tooo busy when it was ready to start

Portsmouth on a hospital the fella who took the work on offerd it to me at 4 a meter cos he knew me but anyone else was getting 2.50 a meter haha sounded a nice little job aswell he was only gonna give me 600m2 (nice little earner for a week) to do as he knew i was busy but it turned out i was tooo busy when it was ready to start

Thats cos your ACE!! :RpS_laugh::RpS_thumbup:

£2 JESUES that's dropped a bit! Will still make it pay
I was starting today on site he wanted to pay 950 before tax then retention out of that as well for a big 4 bed, me an my mate thought it would take us about 5 an a half days, about 60 a shift, we didnt stay for the induction

thats bad gaz sounds like some prices up in birmingham for 1 bad firm that rapes the blokes while he comes out driving a range rover

Ya this bloke is robbing people blind, the thing is as well is that u are really goin some as well to get it done for that much a day, I don't mind doing 3 sets a day every day if the money was right

Ya this bloke is robbing people blind, the thing is as well is that u are really goin some as well to get it done for that much a day, I don't mind doing 3 sets a day every day if the money was right

he isn't robbing anyone if they are agreeing to work for that figure before they start.

i have to agree with owls............. but you hear a price over the phone and think thats not too bad its only when you get a wake up call in the morning..... tbf if i was doing 3 sets a day it would have to be a decent pay day

Ok that's right he isn't robbing people if they are willing to do it, i went thinking it was 2 a meter, thinking if I put 60 on a day I would still come out with 500 a week afte tax but not there never going to happen, money still wouldn't b good enough even then when your putting that much

Unfortunately there's always going to be mugs that work for it, but I guess principals don't put food on the table.

When we were plastering it was 2 sets,
if you couldn't make your money in 2 sets I'd be leaving the job.

was it Steve by any chance?????

Doesn't anyone do 3 sets a day? That's my norm?!
what time do you roll up and when do ya go?

You've got to remember that a lot of the lads have only been through the good years and don't have the right mentality to push hard and still earn a decent amount in the tough times. That's not a put down just a fact. I was bought up to do three sets a day and anything less just doesn't feel right. And of course those of us that still pushed hard during the good years were the ones that really coined it, not those that knocked off at 2.30 Monday to Thursday and just didn't show at all on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.