generator

Members online

stiltwalker

sorry if its a dumb question but looking at machines again and was wondering do all 3 phase machines need the same sort of generators? would a pft zp3 need the same as a g4 as they are both 3 phase

sorry if its a dumb question but looking at machines again and was wondering do all 3 phase machines need the same sort of generators? would a pft zp3 need the same as a g4 as they are both 3 phase

The generators required for 3 phase machines are the same.

However, using larger generators obviously give you more power. Therefore, a greater pumping distance, thicker consistency of mix - if your running the material thicker, using a bigger generator and running the material thicker you are less likely to have blockages in comparison to using smaller gene.

The main benefits are obviously the pumping distance though.

We have just sold a 20KvA to a guy who has a ZP3 as he wanted more power for his machine.

The generators required for 3 phase machines are the same.

However, using larger generators obviously give you more power. Therefore, a greater pumping distance, thicker consistency of mix - if your running the material thicker, using a bigger generator and running the material thicker you are less likely to have blockages in comparison to using smaller gene.

The main benefits are obviously the pumping distance though.

We have just sold a 20KvA to a guy who has a ZP3 as he wanted more power for his machine.
Didn't know that

Yes PFT have just released the ZP3 M

http://www.pft.de/www/en/produkte/p...rpumpe.php?stein_id=908&system_id=187&lv_id=8

Thats a single phase machine although i wouldn't run it from mains power, its a bit to big a motor. You could probably run that of a 10 kva generator.

We do have a nice size 10 kva single phase generator which is not as big as the 3 phase that would be ideal to run this new machine and only costs about a grand

12.5 kva is the most popular size of 3 phase generator that we would sell and have never heard of problems with it being under powered. i know of people who have pumped 50 mts with a monojet and 12.5 kva. The main thing is its portable generator that can be handled easy and taken in and out of a van no problem.

The cost of a 12.5 kva is also cheaper

I have seen some of our generators and machines struggle when using cheaper after market rotors and stators. These cheaper rotors and stators work fine in Germany etc because they have mains 3 phase power. I would just stick with PFT original rotors and stators, they last much longer than any others on the market so it makes more sense.

Cheaper generator + better quality rotors and stators = more money in your pocket

You would say that though really...

We have access and had access to a huge range of R/S - just because it has a PFT Logo on it certainly doesn't mean it's better, I'm afraid that's a fact and not a sales pitch.

You are restricted to what PFT allow you to sell so you have to stick with what you have and support that - fair enough.

With regards to the monojet pumping that distance, it's certainly possible. But the monojet only has one motor. Therefore requires less power. I think if your honest, it would be a struggle to do this with a G4, K4 or G5 with the correct material consistency.

15KvA generator from us costs: £2600.00 + VAT

20KvA generator from us costs: £2900.00 + VAT

For £300-£500 extra and being able to use your machine to its optimum is well worth the investment

Well there's a first I never heard anyone say run the gear stiffer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well there's a first I never heard anyone say run the gear stiffer

We haven't said run your material thicker. We have said, if people do, which is very often. The larger genes will help cope with this. Especially when pumping greater distances

We still promote and always will 1 bar per m of hose. Whether the end user chooses to listen to this is a different thing

You lot should just meet up and get pissed?? This constant falling out is not healthy for anybody. Saying thst it's probably entertainment for the other 20 thousand odd on here
It's just strange for years and years 12.5 / 15 kva has been fine Greg , so I'm show you understand why people that have had machines for a long time get confused with Ryan saying 20 kva is better ? Could be the K4 needs it , but I have never heard it being needed on a G4 . Not looking for a war , just my thoughts , peace

It's just strange for years and years 12.5 / 15 kva has been fine Greg , so I'm sure you understand why people that have had machines for a long time get confused with Ryan saying 20 kva is better ? Could be the K4 needs it , but I have never heard it being needed on a G4 . Not looking for a war , just my thoughts , peace

It's just strange for years and years 12.5 / 15 kva has been fine Greg , so I'm show you understand why people that have had machines for a long time get confused with Ryan saying 20 kva is better ? Could be the K4 needs it , but I have never heard it being needed on a G4 . Not looking for a war , just my thoughts , peace

As explained before Keith, the K4 doesn't require a 15 or 20 KvA. It has the same top motor and star wheel motor as the G4 - they are both bought from the same place. Therefore the same generators will power both machines

The reason we offer this is the customer gets far more for their money when buying through us and buying our machine packages.

A larger KvA generator has and always will allow the machine to perform better standard. It keeps the Hz more stable.
That is always and has always been the case
We have the 12.5 KvA generator our competitors sell, we have access to them and have a new one in stock. Ours perform better and we feel that's the key thing..

A simple explanation will be; if you have a 1.2 VW Golf and a 1.6 VW Golf - load 4 passengers of the same weight into each car... Which will have more power... That is the same as putting the machine under load. The bigger generators don't struggle at all and will allow the machine to perform to its max

We never offered them before as we didn't really have access. Now we make our own within the EZE Range so have the access.

As said , not really looking for a war ! Lol , I know two guys that had problems with the K4 running 12.5 kva and the 20 sorted it , so is it the machine or the genny ?

So by having a bigger genie it'll make the machine pump quicker/further?

As said , not really looking for a war ! Lol , I know two guys that had problems with the K4 running 12.5 kva and the 20 sorted it , so is it the machine or the genny ?

I know who you are referring to. Danny had an issue but when went sent our guys downs see him they showed the machine was fine and so was the gene - this was proved on site.

He asked for a bigger gene himself, we said it wasn't required. Maybe the re-training helped solve the issues....

We have sold the one he used to a guy using a K4 and has zero issues.

The other one (Ashley) was a genuine issue with the gene. The Kohler engine was under performing. We therefore held off with those generators, gave the customer a 20 KvA as we had them available. Kohler have addressed the Issue and it was solved.

I know your not starting a war, but remember there are always 2 sides to every story... We do know what we are talking about... It's our full time profession

Last edited:
Good now you only sell the K4 package with the 20 kva , no worries then

Good now you only sell the K4 package with the 20 kva , no worries then

Yes, more for your money compared to our competitors....

You can also allow the machine to reach its full potential with our bigger gene.

They can buy the machine only and buy a 12.5 KvA if they want

The package price is still the same at £7000.00 for the full setup

Would I want to save a few hundred quid on a copy ? No thanks , with respect to you mate