Gaps or no gaps bttween plasterboard

Members online

No members online now.

Server

should I leave a small gap (say 1-2mm) between each plasterboard sheet or should it be as tight as I can get it to physically fit.

Not sure if after i have put the scrim on it, there needs to be a gap for the plaster to go in so it does not crack ?

Should be a gap of between 3 & 5mm to allow the player to go through between the boards. Only problem with a 5mm gap is that the player can sag a bit so maybe not that bigger gap

Should be a gap of between 3 & 5mm to allow the player to go through between the boards. Only problem with a 5mm gap is that the player can sag a bit so maybe not that bigger gap
Thats interesting.
I thought British gypsum spec is no gap.

Didn't know that.

As far as I know they used to spec a 5mm gap but changed it to be tight. Think it was back when they used hessian scrim and used to put an undercoat on the boards, but that's before my time

Max gap of 3mm.
Screenshot_2016-05-04-07-39-44.png

Although if you can't read a tape measure dont panic you can buy 4" scrim.

How do you gap leavers leave a gap when a gap should be left by a leaver then?
On domestic when overboarding specially on Victorian when things can be running inches out its hard enough to cut it right let alone allow for a gap, they seem to make themselves on older properties. I've always thought tight is right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plaster will fill it no matter how big..
They call me the board butcher.
If it fits in the scrim, it's bling