g4 on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplybesty

Private Member
Come on then, who bought the g4 on ebaY, if its working they got themselves a little bargin. if you did and you dont know to much about machines give one of us a shout before you fire it up. you really want to back flush the water system first or when you fire it up it will push all the rust and crap into the water switches.

It was very cheap it makes you think what is wrong with it. What really puts me off is how do you know if a machine is knocked off how can you tell??

Spoke to the fella now and it's owned by four blokes who chipped in for it, but they have lost there storage place and don't use it anyway. Serial numbers are on machines.

What I mean is you do not get a log book of sorts and how do you go about checking out a Serial number are these on a data base of sorts. I hope it all goes well for you mate what you said the guy told you , for me it just dosent sound right the bit about storage.

Its a good buy as long as it works who cares where it came from Henry don't forget you need a generator that's a couple of grand min

Come on spunk you do not buy knocked gear tools ever, some poor b---ard tools of hi trade, Me think not. Anyway what if you wanted to insure it gave out the serial numbers of the machine and your details and plod give you a call your well out of pocket mate and are you going to get your money back not a chance in hell.

Anything you buy could be nicked? Wouldn't you think its a bit rude if you said to the chap selling it.........is this nicked? And sorry but can you prove it

henry, there's not many places you can go to get them repaired and the machine would is a small place, we all know each other in someway and if a machine is nicked lads in the trade are watching and listening . if someone wants parts and you are a little concerned about why all you have to do is ask for the serial number , its the genny's people want

I've got a nice job ready for it if i get it running, Robinhood take a chance now and then mate.The pump i have now was bought in the same way, it was dirty and still had the residue of fireproofing mortar in it and the water pump was knackered, it all cleaned up and hasn't missed a beat for me, chill Winston if it's f**k*d the extras and r&s wil come in handy the rest is spares.

thats cool... i know you have to risk stuff now and again!! fair play and im glad its working ok..a few more years in the old girl then!!

It was a 2006 Mai G4 copy i bought it in 2007, the bloke who owned the company told his lad to get shot of it as he never wanted to see it again! The lad said they never got it to work correctly and f**k*d up a couple of airport jobs with mess and wrong spec, bargain. I had it twelve months before i used it because we used a diesel pump, once i used it i couldn't get rid of the diesel quick enough.

I would be up front with him spunk ask him who it got off when ,ask if he still had a bill of sale for it etc. I think it is normal to ask these questions a £1000 is not chicken feed. Can you afford to lose that kind of money some do get shafted when buying knocked of gear.

right, this is what im gonna do...
write an Ebook and get it translated into 35 different languages...
stick it on ebay for 99p...
its gonna be called 'how to milk the uk benefits system'...
ive already booked the ticket to barbados...
see ya suckeeerrrrssss!!!!!!!!!
:RpS_laugh:

It's already available Chris...............in Urdu, Polish, Romanian, Latvian, Estonian, Afghan, Iraqi, iranian...................

My eldest genuinley bought a couple of grands worth of Hitachi laser about 4 years ago for a good price when he whent to sell it on Ebay last year it turned out the w**k*r he bought it of had reported it stolen from his house after he had sold it to my son, eventualy sold it to a Rumanian who drove all the way from Paris to buy it.

good thing about ebooks... you can write what the f'ck you like and as long as its your words.... who gives a f'ck...
me mates idea.. half considered actually doing it too...

you b*****d steve i was bidding on it lol i set myself a maximum of 1270 for it .....tight b*****d lol hope it works well for you if you need someone to get it for you clacton aint to far from me mate

Sorry Stu, ain't collected yet hoping to over weekend, I've a few jobs that are a good distance away and fed up humping pump around so I thought i'd get another seemed cheap and it's PFT.

Collected it today and seems ok, got loads of extras with it 3 new r&s 2 of them D7-2 and a twister, 3 phase adapters 16 to 32 and vice vera, 3 spray guns, got it home and cleaned it up went to start it and it worked! Solenoid valve needs replacing and a couple of seals, it hasn't been used for a long time so needs a run out to clean it up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.