G4/5 or Ritmo

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i havent got the bigger compressor yet. What is the swing gun? Is it the one in the vid below?

[video=youtube_share;SLbLIxNFGAI]http://youtu.be/SLbLIxNFGAI[/video]

Could i not just spray top coat through our skimming lance?

Attachments

• ansicht.gif
    ansicht.gif
    71 bytes · Views: 393
In my experience, the m pumps as far as I've ever needed it to. It's the lightest ritmo(comfortable to load on your own). It also reliably plugs in to even an extension lead with only a 1.5kw motor. It's also £4750 plus vat. I waited forever(with spunky I think??) for the L to come out. At the time I bought the Xl I definitely would have bought the ritmo l without hesitation. A lovelly machine that's quite possibly pft's best to date?? However, with tough times and the need for a machine that worked for me....as in earned money doing a variety of things(not just mono) and being supremely practical and manoeuvrable I bought the M. It blew me away. It does everything I ask of it without a hiccup. I do a lot of thin coats these days and this machine will pump with a load of hose on doing that. It will shift mono in 15m of hose after a 30min stop without problem. It doesn't trip the power or need more water than most supplies can give so no pump.
For me, the L is just more expensive(£5500) and weighs a bag of skim or so more than the M. The 45% bigger and heavier motor increases the chances of fussy consumer units tripping meaning a genny on standby(i dont even own a genny!). For an extra 5m of hose for only really mono it's not worth it to me. If mono is the main staple of your business then you'll be better off with a quicker 3 phase machine anyway.
If like me you do varied work with a bit of mono lots of EWI and texture finishes then the cheapest, most portable and competent all rounder with real world reliability and low running costs is the ritmo m IMHO.

im surprised you dont carry a small genny... have you never had it trip? i didnt much but on the couple of occasions it did it was a right pain

In my 7 year machine plastering career I have earned far more coin with a G4 than a ritmo, both are good but by comparison I prefer the one that makes more money for the team. I didn't know what a macdonalds breakfast was before I had a G4!

I wish it did! We were spraying gear too stiff, then it takes a while moving 35mm hoses from lift to lift, all in all I bet it takes 6 months to get it sorted properly. Once you know though it's no going back. Then we went electric! A whole new ball game.

Perfect stepping stone that to hand gangs wanting the material on tap but no spraying. It's a no brainer.

thatd be a cheaper set up too wouldnt it?

might as well get a "mixing pump" that does both instead a "mixer" and a "conveyor" lash

minijet on ripbay for 2k last week - bargain

for hand app gangs that mixer is the job and comes in two colours - orange

Last edited:
its 230v. You could use a step up transformer and run it from 110v. It will give you a consistent mix everytime just by pressing a button. No need to empty the hopper everytime you finished. You just pull the nose off and swill the mixing shaft. It will mix about a bag a minute 25 lts. Its about £1100 plus vat which makes it cheaper than a joddy mix and it would pisss all over a joddy. No need for any training either

hiring a machine soon from one stop plasterers shop and its said that ritmo's are not any good for spraying the new GB spray gear.

best machine is MTEC for spraying there new finish.
I do like ritmo's there small easy to use and clean pack away iv you got a small van.
but i must say for mono after using a G5 thay are a sexy bit of kit just big.
need ramps and a bigish van too carry maching caddy and genny pluss all the hoses water buts and other gear

did they explain why bet they didnt the ritmo is a far superior machine the mtec is a piece of plastic shite

Ring British Gypsum and ask them what machine they use on all their demos. Then have a look at youtube at the same Ritmos spraying a variety of other materials including K rend, Marmorit base and top coats , External wall insulation materials, Floor screeds, MP75, hardwall etc etc. Then find another plastering machine on google that can do all that with 4 dealers located across UK and offer spare parts in 24 hrs.

Ring British Gypsum and ask them what machine they use on all their demos. Then have a look at youtube at the same Ritmos spraying a variety of other materials including K rend, Marmorit base and top coats , External wall insulation materials, Floor screeds, MP75, hardwall etc etc. Then find another plastering machine on google that can do all that with 4 dealers located across UK and offer spare parts in 24 hrs.

erm lancy

I must say the ritmo is great spraying all finishes if we dont use the powercoat mixing shaft that was supplied :glare:

Spraying finish, that's not gonna catch on. Ritmo is a good bit of kit, there seems to be plenty of used m-tec machines for sale that spray finish so why buy new?

McPlaster have u sprayed finish with the powercoat mixing shaft? Or is yours a ritmo m with the spray kit added on but using the original render mixing shaft?

I must say the ritmo is great spraying all finishes if we dont use the powercoat mixing shaft that was supplied :glare:

McPlaster have u sprayed finish with the powercoat mixing shaft? Or is yours a ritmo m with the spray kit added on but using the original render mixing shaft?

So what's the craic with the mixing shafts Steve? Is the one we've got good for anything or do we need to get another one for Hardwall, CPI and skim?

He ain't they don't hire to people who don't know how to use one
er ronge thay doo as you can get a training course on it and thay waver the cost of the training if you hire the machine and pick it up.
ill have it i hope for week by week basis first week spraying finish/and 2nd week if i can mono all priced in on the job and ready to go
just need a start date.

Status
Not open for further replies.