G4/5 or Ritmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPlaster

Private Member
The three phase G4 or G5 is more economical to use imo, belts it on quicker, working time is shorter along with waiting to scrape in warmer weather.

Big difference then Nick when youve got big areas to hit. I like the Ritmos though if only because they are compact.

When you have a reasonably large area to mono in the winter for a next day scrape, wack it on in no time with a g4 and go home before it's dark.

Nope I don't care what you say I'd never swap my ritmo for a g4/5. The versatility and portability for me wins over any speed issues. I just love the way it always runs off any water supply above 1.5 bars without a water pump. Just plugs in to power with no tripping. Plus the fact that it's a pump or mixing pump with speed control which opens up the possibilities for a bit of exploration with different texture finishes. If anyones considering a machine the ritmo m is one that works for you and compliments your outfit with as close to plug n play as it gets. I mean it's still s**t loads quicker than by hand. It's a blinding bit of kit and it's coming out to play on a large parex ewi job starting tomorrow doing maite & dpr all machine applied(mixing & pumping).

yes you can

basically you have a ritmo m. it does renders and backing coats and can be adapted to pump multi and thin coats. its 240v

you have a ritmo powercoat that does thin coats and multi that can be adapted to do renders. its 110v

you have a ritmo L that is 240v but with a slightly bigger motor and can pump a bit further and has a hopper vibrator

and a ritmo xl that is switchable between 3 phase and 240 and pumps the same speed as a g4 type machine. but is a lot bigger than a standard ritmo

i think thats about it

Last edited:
Thanks guys. So think id prob need a ritmo powercoat or ritmo xl as most my work is on site so 110v is a must and would like to be able to spray finish and renders. Which is best? or is ther not much difference? and is there much difference in cost between the 2?

dont know on cost but a powercoat would prob do what you want. would be a good all rounder and is 110v. currierplastering on here uses one. but if your doing lots of renders then an xl or a g4 type machine for the output

Thanks guys. So think id prob need a ritmo powercoat or ritmo xl as most my work is on site so 110v is a must and would like to be able to spray finish and renders. Which is best? or is ther not much difference? and is there much difference in cost between the 2?

We bought the Powercoat with the added render setup nearly a year ago and haven't have a single hicup with it.:RpS_thumbsup:

Both the ritmo M and Ritmo Powecoat are the same machine. Both are available in 110V or 240V.

The ritmo M comes setup ready for rendering but you can buy the skimming setup for it.

The Ritmo Powercoat comes with the skimmming setup but you can buy the render setup for it.

We bought ours last year after the PFT roadshow thingy so got a 5% discount on the machine so it made more sense to get a powercoat then get the render setup as it discount on the machine was the greatest that way.

When we got ours we got the render setup, an av300 water pump, pressure testers and other bitsa and bobs aswell it came in at just over 9k inc VAT.

The 110v is great on site we plug direct in to site boxes using a 32amp plug as no one else uses them.

Skimming setup works well but you do need a good team around you to get the most out of it. You already get on well with Knauf stuff already and this is a good area to go in to now seeing they are only going to be producing machine appliable plasters from now on. I know it can be done by hand aswell but if Knauf see the future being machine applied plastering then this is what they will push to building contractors and hopefully we will be their to mop up the work :RpS_thumbup: We are getting tenders through for Mp finish work quite often now however many have been to large to take on ourselves eg 24000m2 + in Aberdeen.

Rendering is a piece of piss if your use to doing it by hand at the moment. Having a machine will help you move on and up date what methods you use. You can get the thin coat texture gun for the ritmo aswell, which i have seen in action and is awsome. 100m+ finished topcoat from one man in a day!

Last edited:
we just had a Ritmo L come in stock, your welcome to come for a demo. The XL is twice the size and wont pump pre bagged skims like thistle etc

Nope I don't care what you say I'd never swap my ritmo for a g4/5. The versatility and portability for me wins over any speed issues. I just love the way it always runs off any water supply above 1.5 bars without a water pump. Just plugs in to power with no tripping. Plus the fact that it's a pump or mixing pump with speed control which opens up the possibilities for a bit of exploration with different texture finishes. If anyones considering a machine the ritmo m is one that works for you and compliments your outfit with as close to plug n play as it gets. I mean it's still s**t loads quicker than by hand. It's a blinding bit of kit and it's coming out to play on a large parex ewi job starting tomorrow doing maite & dpr all machine applied(mixing & pumping).

your w@nk material that butt eh

i would go with a ritmo if you work on domestics alot more than site, I find our three phase is sometimes too fast when you have a front say with two upper windows a door bay roof window bay roof and strips down the sides plus all the scaff poles but then on the gable its just right like

we do a bit of site and some bigger buildings so 3 phase suits us best but the ritmo looks a real handy but of kit and really manoeuvrable

U wanna come see our new cont mixer its tiny runs of a single phase plug or even a step up tranny it will mix everything much better built than a joddy and cost a tickle over a grand

U wanna come see our new cont mixer its tiny runs of a single phase plug or even a step up tranny it will mix everything much better built than a joddy and cost a tickle over a grand

whats this then mate just a mixer or is it a conveying pump too ?

any links/pics

Look for a lotus xs ideal for ewi work

tidy

I seen similar before an i recon this will be ideal for guys doing coloured render who cant afford a pump it will keep the gear coming consistently and they can just trowel away at speed.

I done a few jobs using a cement mixer and its an age to mix it right - this lotus would deliver the product right and quick

Both the ritmo M and Ritmo Powecoat are the same machine. Both are available in 110V or 240V.

The ritmo M comes setup ready for rendering but you can buy the skimming setup for it.

The Ritmo Powercoat comes with the skimmming setup but you can buy the render setup for it.

We bought ours last year after the PFT roadshow thingy so got a 5% discount on the machine so it made more sense to get a powercoat then get the render setup as it discount on the machine was the greatest that way.

When we got ours we got the render setup, an av300 water pump, pressure testers and other bitsa and bobs aswell it came in at just over 9k inc VAT.

The 110v is great on site we plug direct in to site boxes using a 32amp plug as no one else uses them.

Skimming setup works well but you do need a good team around you to get the most out of it. You already get on well with Knauf stuff already and this is a good area to go in to now seeing they are only going to be producing machine appliable plasters from now on. I know it can be done by hand aswell but if Knauf see the future being machine applied plastering then this is what they will push to building contractors and hopefully we will be their to mop up the work :RpS_thumbup: We are getting tenders through for Mp finish work quite often now however many have been to large to take on ourselves eg 24000m2 + in Aberdeen.

Rendering is a piece of piss if your use to doing it by hand at the moment. Having a machine will help you move on and up date what methods you use. You can get the thin coat texture gun for the ritmo aswell, which i have seen in action and is awsome. 100m+ finished topcoat from one man in a day!

Hi currier, got a good team who work closely with me personaly (myself, 4 spreads & a labourer) would this set up work well with a machine as not sure how many you would need to make the machine gang work well

we just had a Ritmo L come in stock, your welcome to come for a demo. The XL is twice the size and wont pump pre bagged skims like thistle etc

Hi Blones, XL Wont pump pre bagged skims? what can it pump then? will Ritmo L pump pre bagged skims? sorry for all the questions as im clueless when it comes to machines. Where you based for the demo. and how much you talking for Ritmo L with set up for skimming and render. Thanks

The Ritmo xl will do everything except skim. Its just not set up for that because it takes bigger rotor and stators. Im swansea based. The L and M will pump everything and the M is available in 110v. The L is bout £5,500 and the skim set about £1300. all plus vat.

Get a ritmo m......most versatile of the lot......you will indeed love it and quite possibly plumtug all over it:)

Get a ritmo m......most versatile of the lot......you will indeed love it and quite possibly plumtug all over it:)
Having enjoyed the company of your Ex XL for a short while we have parted company on good terms and I am going shopping for a new ritmo (with skim set up and thin coat texture gun etc) I see you love your new one but Goody how is the M more versatile than the L?

the l is more versatile. it can pump a bit further, has a vibrator and comes with 20 mts hose. apart from that they are the same. they have the same capabilities

In my experience, the m pumps as far as I've ever needed it to. It's the lightest ritmo(comfortable to load on your own). It also reliably plugs in to even an extension lead with only a 1.5kw motor. It's also £4750 plus vat. I waited forever(with spunky I think??) for the L to come out. At the time I bought the Xl I definitely would have bought the ritmo l without hesitation. A lovelly machine that's quite possibly pft's best to date?? However, with tough times and the need for a machine that worked for me....as in earned money doing a variety of things(not just mono) and being supremely practical and manoeuvrable I bought the M. It blew me away. It does everything I ask of it without a hiccup. I do a lot of thin coats these days and this machine will pump with a load of hose on doing that. It will shift mono in 15m of hose after a 30min stop without problem. It doesn't trip the power or need more water than most supplies can give so no pump.
For me, the L is just more expensive(£5500) and weighs a bag of skim or so more than the M. The 45% bigger and heavier motor increases the chances of fussy consumer units tripping meaning a genny on standby(i dont even own a genny!). For an extra 5m of hose for only really mono it's not worth it to me. If mono is the main staple of your business then you'll be better off with a quicker 3 phase machine anyway.
If like me you do varied work with a bit of mono lots of EWI and texture finishes then the cheapest, most portable and competent all rounder with real world reliability and low running costs is the ritmo m IMHO.

Goody are u using a texture gun to finish the EWI or just applying it the rubbing up by hand? What r/s u using for the base coat? what gun?

Orite currier....am using the standard b41.5 clampable r&s. works fine given the pressures always set at 7-8 bar and the speed control adjusts with the materials as you know. Got the swing gun for roughcast using dpr or the normal gun with a 10mm cap for mono roughcast. Have you got the beefy compressor? I haven't so finishing 1mm dpr by hand if sprayed. To be honest tho I hand apply if its manageable to avoid excessive masking. Nice to know its in your armoury as no wall is ever too big eh?!

Status
Not open for further replies.