Free Stuff

Members online

John smith

Young lad just finished my apprenticeship so on small bucks. Wondering if anyone knows anymore websites like the team Marshall town thing where I can get freebies etc. Be such a big help at this moment of time

Young lad just finished my apprenticeship so on small bucks. Wondering if anyone knows anymore websites like the team Marshall town thing where I can get freebies etc. Be such a big help at this moment of time
If you look up professional builder magazine on internet or pick up one of there free magazine's from your local merchants,they have tool fairs across the country where most of plastering trade tool and products suppliers have a stand you normally get discount on all trade tools and free stuff as well..last year I went to one at Coventry football ground and team Marshalltown were there giving stuff away
Really good day out to see all the latest stuff coming out and you get free food on entry.

And sherbert dips
If you look up professional builder magazine on internet or pick up one of there free magazine's from your local merchants,they have tool fairs across the country where most of plastering trade tool and products suppliers have a stand you normally get discount on all trade tools and free stuff as well..last year I went to one at Coventry football ground and team Marshalltown were there giving stuff away
Really good day out to see all the latest stuff coming out and you get free food on entry.

Get a grip ....your advice is to bum around outside football grounds ??
For free tools haha.....come on for fuucks sake.

Get a grip ....your advice is to bum around outside football grounds ??
For free tools haha.....come on for fuucks sake.
Got a few nela trowels and Marshalltown caps and t-shirts and a Mt demo trowel from that show..and there is cheap drils and work clothing

Got a few nela trowels and Marshalltown caps and t-shirts and a Mt demo trowel from that show..and there is cheap drils and work clothing

Your more than welcome to sleep in my garage.
Il take you to work with whatever tools you find.....but only if you agree to work.
Il feed and water you and keep you alive.
But ....your going to have to work.

Am I missing something here? A time served spread needing free tools to get by? Regardless of age he's more experience than 80% of this forum.

By the time i was time served i had pretty much everything as it was expected (even after your 2nd year) to have all your own kit. Obviously not cement mixers etc but defo most of your hand tools etc

The old boys i trained with said after my first 6 months starting to start buying my own stuff. They helped with some bits margin trowels and so forth but otherwise i had to get my own which meant grafting weekends and after work for some other lads to fund it

L
The old boys i trained with said after my first 6 months starting to start buying my own stuff. They helped with some bits margin trowels and so forth but otherwise i had to get my own which meant grafting weekends and after work for some other lads to fund it
leads lights ladders the amount of guys that turn up to work without the essentials.

An apprentice should have the basic hand tools after 2 years handboard/hawk(to you southern lads) trowel, gauger,snips,tapemeasure,stanley knife, claw hammer, lump hammer and bolster,spirit levels, sraightedge/rule, poly float, splash/tool brushes anything else is a bonus ie cordless drills mixing drill etc

I have all the tools needed to do the job, but on 180 a week for 2 years with 3 grand car insurance it's not easy as it seems to everyone as a young lad starting out. I mearly meant tshirts and silly stuff Like the team Marshall town ones, every penny counts when you're getting paid pennies

I have all the tools needed to do the job, but on 180 a week for 2 years with 3 grand car insurance it's not easy as it seems to everyone as a young lad starting out. I mearly meant tshirts and silly stuff Like the team Marshall town ones, every penny counts when you're getting paid pennies
You dont know your born lad on £180 a week and whinging you cant get your tools together !!!

Go on catnic's Twitter page you can get free t shirts if that's what you after or ring plasterersonestopshop Ryan and order something little and give him your story I'm sure he'll throw a few freebies in there for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What exactly are you after? I've got an old spare wheel in the garage I could donate, maybe some old clothes?

Should probably set up a charity appeal for you. Poor soul

You can't still be on £180 a week after serving your time? If you are I'll give you £300 a week to come work for me.
Now that's a nice little offer for him to muddle through over the weekend

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk