Free day's labouring for a day's work with quick spreads, N Wales / N West Eng

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksjs

Right, don't all laugh but I'm offering a day's free labour in return for someone showing me how to skim a room in a day. I do occasional private work but think I work too slow.

So, to see what I could be doing faster I'd like to spend a day working alongside someone who's fast. It doesn't have to be exactly a 'room in a day' but watching 'site pace' work could be really helpful.

I live in North Wales so anywhere in that area would be good but Chester, Liverpool area also possible. Ideally this would be in second half October.

By the way I can board, skim, mix or labour and have worked on commercial sites (but the spreads weren't the quickest) before so can help with whatever and won't be in your way / taking up your time.

Cheers!

So you wanna fast spread to work for you for free? And in return you want to do a day for him (more than likely less that he does for you by the sounds of it)Doesn't make sense to me

So you wanna fast spread to work for you for free? And in return you want to do a day for him (more than likely less that he does for you by the sounds of it)Doesn't make sense to me
ya read the post before u show us what a c unt u are

TBH I don't see how just watching someone skim for a day will make you faster, unless they have a magic trowel and wave it around and it's done. (some site managers think you can do this :) )

I know it's just stating the obvious but speed and quality just come with experience, you just sort of build it up over time, starting small then when you're comfortable with that put a bigger area on. It won't happen in a day of watching, say they do the up and over in one set then the other two walls to finish, you can either do it or you can't it just comes with time.

I'm sure someone will snap the offer up though, you can obviously skim/mix so should be a good free labourer. I suppose you will pick up little tips here and there, like how they set up - prep etc if thats what you mean stuff like that?

I suppose you will pick up little tips here and there, like how they set up - prep etc if thats what you mean stuff like that?
I think that's probably it. I guess it's easy to read about something and understand it but a picture paints a thousand words as they say so I reckon it will be time well spent.

fast skimming is all about prep and technique... ensuring you have everything ready water plaster etc :) and of course timing

I learnt how to skim quick by going back to the guys that taught me so i have confidence in you will learn

Just dont sacrifice a good finish for speed... a good neat plasterer will always get better recommendations than a rough fast one :)

Nice tip there JJ I'll stock up on easifill then, or would I be better getting some cheapo belt sanders to leave with customers?

TBH I don't see how just watching someone skim for a day will make you faster, unless they have a magic trowel and wave it around and it's done. (some site managers think you can do this :) )

I know it's just stating the obvious but speed and quality just come with experience, you just sort of build it up over time, starting small then when you're comfortable with that put a bigger area on. It won't happen in a day of watching, say they do the up and over in one set then the other two walls to finish, you can either do it or you can't it just comes with time.

I'm sure someone will snap the offer up though, you can obviously skim/mix so should be a good free labourer. I suppose you will pick up little tips here and there, like how they set up - prep etc if thats what you mean stuff like that?

stop talking sence on here will yers

Better to put a higher price in and take your time...I knocked out 8 walls out in 2 sets yesterday without a lab because I had to get the job finished...it almost killed me and I had to leave the tidying up until today..not good :(

Sometimes you have got to take a step back and realise the strain plastering has on your body work clever which starts when you price it.

Status
Not open for further replies.