found a lot of money

Members online

hector

hector hector shouts the plumber come here, went up stairs in the attic , large bag in a box ,containing 9,000 quid,
it had been there for a while certainly did not belong to the new occupants,
but the previous occupant was a scrapman, who had moved to a big new house 7 months ago,
now what do we do,

do we keep it , knowing that he could turn up any time for his money, or return it,

we decided a clear consience was the right thing to do, so we put it in the back of the van and took it to his new house,
he gave us 10.00 each and said thanks,
but, and here is the twist , he had forgotten all about it, been up there for approx 11 years, lost for words i was,
plumber and i had a good moan on the way back, clear consience and all that, but what would you have done,

hector hector shouts the plumber come here, went up stairs in the attic , large bag in a box ,containing 9,000 quid,
but the previous occupant was a scrapman, who had moved to a big new house 7 months ago,
now what do we do,

do we keep it , knowing that he could turn up any time for his money, or return it,

we decided a clear consience was the right thing to do, so we put it in the back of the van and took it to his new house,
but, and here is the twist , he had forgotten all about it, been up there for approx 11 years, lost for words i was,
plumber and i had a good moan on the way back, clear consience and all that, but what would you have done,
You're obviously a very decent guy. Hector, don't change mate. There ain't too many of you left.
I would have definitely have kept it

now what do we do,

A tenner each?
What a tight arse b*****d!

I’m sorry but that would have gone straight in my sky rocket mate.
As stewie said - it’s a dog eat dog world.

What did mrs hector say about it?

not a happy bunny at all cockney, honestly having second thoughts now
When I was about 16 we worked on a deceased landlord's house, complete redo for the new owners, throughout the first couple of weeks just over 30k was found in various places, plastic air, brick vents, floorboards etc. My bosses promised me if I don't get ripping around at things and don't say anything, they would buy me a moped.
Anyway, one of the bosses opened up another air vent and pulled out a cadbury's tin with a massive block of cash, and passed it to me. I was in shock and it was obvious that the tin was too big to go in the air brick where he said he got it from, he laughed at me and said we have been placing all of the money around just to wind you up.
F****** c**** tried bluffing me so they didn't have to give me anything. Didn't get f*** all.

Technically when you buy the house the contents left behind are yours - hence the old expression "lock, stock and barrel" Used it once when buying the house I was living in from the landlord complete with everything in it. Useless solicitor had to look it up, thought I was joking - apparently also thought I was joking about the liquidated damages clause for late completion insisted on by the Landlord.
"Oh but we don't do that for house purchases" - pointed out it was in our (detailed) instructions to him. My did he change tune fast, was still late completing though.

Old boy I was quoting a stove for died recently. Absolutely lovely fella, but he'd previoulsy had house fire. - Police got very aerated when the Fire brigade called them.- over £100k in cash/old money in the house and a lot of ammunition and guns.
He had a gun licence & made his own ammo, and didn't trust banks. They thought he was an illegal gun dealer!
He was close with the lads over the road, who fixed bikes and cars (mates of mine), who got most of it out before old bill arrived. He then moved in with them while the house was fixed up, and got all his cash and armoury back.
They didn't know until after he died - he left it all to them in his will. (But they don't/didn't have gun licences) Wasn't that much cash left - he got robbed blind by a lying plasterer ripping the cash out of him for a complete house replaster, wall by £1000 quid wall!! Yes, a Thou for a single wall - didn't know until later or I'd have strung him up by his toes and got the money back.

now what do we do,

What a w**k*r he must be I'd of spent that on fast women and slow horses . Ha ha

now what do we do,

That money legally belongs to the new property owners I think you'll find.

now what do we do,

Straight to the nearest travel agent to book a holiday in the sun mate ! :)

Many years ago three lads in my year at school found money in the street, 1 decided to hand it in to police.
The other lad was not happy and posted what looked like a letter bomb to him.
Bomb squad raided his house thinking possible terrorist. Lad was only 13 at time.
Stern warning given out by police.
See him still occasionally, just shakes his head when I being it up.

dumb and dumber hd gif GIF

A tenner each?
What a tight arse b*****d!

I’m sorry but that would have gone straight in my sky rocket mate.
As stewie said - it’s a dog eat dog world.

What did mrs hector say about it?
Yup same, @ fux scrap man -@tax man wants a word then —— @plumber is the clown

1977 i found a wallet belonging to an australian tourist, cash/passport/bankcards etc all in this wallet, handed it in at police station, got a letter next day, tourist had claimed it within the hour,

i never got a thank you, nothing, nothing at all,

1977 i found a wallet belonging to an australian tourist, cash/passport/bankcards etc all in this wallet, handed it in at police station, got a letter next day, tourist had claimed it within the hour,

i never got a thank you, nothing, nothing at all,
In 1989 my twin brother and myself were living in London. We were on a train and found a purse with cash , about £ 60 if I remember correctly , cards and something with the owners address. We pocketed the cash, spent it in pubs then sent the purse back to the owner . We felt better for not chucking it in the nearest bin.

What would you have done mate ?

I’d have handed the purse back mate. No fun when you misplace your wallet and the stress involved.

Bag of cash…tough one, but I’d probably have kept quiet. Cash in a bag tells many stories tbf. You could always ease the conscious by making a partial donation to whatever you deem to be a just cause and tbh, that could do more good than the owner getting it back and the finder pocketing the difference.

Difficult when we’re called upon to step up ain’t it

I’d have handed the purse back mate. No fun when you misplace your wallet and the stress involved.

Bag of cash…tough one, but I’d probably have kept quiet. Cash in a bag tells many stories tbf. You could always ease the conscious by making a partial donation to whatever you deem to be a just cause and tbh, that could do more good than the owner getting it back and the finder pocketing the difference.

Difficult when we’re called upon to step up ain’t it
Handing it back was a different mindset for me and my brother in 1989, being we were skint, had no work and found ourselves in a shitty January in the big smoke mate, but I take your point there !
I recon if you found the cash that Hector mentioned , right now mate, your arse would collapse and you would run straight to you nearest cop shop and those c**ts would smile at you and divvy it up between themselves . (y)

Handing it back was a different mindset for me and my brother in 1989, being we were skint, had no work and found ourselves in a shitty January in the big smoke mate, but I take your point there !
I recon if you found the cash that Hector mentioned , right now mate, your arse would collapse and you would run straight to you nearest cop shop and those c**ts would smile at you and divvy it up between themselves . (y)

Money is just one way in life. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have more money than not enough, but like the guy he handed it back to…it was very matter of fact. He remembered enough to offer a token thank you,a reminder of his past possibly, but he had no current understanding of what that money was worth to someone else and hence it’s real value.

Money is just one way in life. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have more money than not enough, but like the guy he handed it back to…it was very matter of fact. He remembered enough to offer a token thank you,a reminder of his past possibly, but he had no current understanding of what that money was worth to someone else and hence it’s real value.
What would you do, right now, in the Hector "scenario" mate ?

What would you do, right now, in the Hector "scenario" mate ?

Good question. Like I said, money in a bag is a different conundrum. It’s potentially associated with being dirty and crime, and we’re programmed in that respect. I’ve never had a substantial amount of cash in my possession, so putting it in a bag in the loft doesn’t equate in my world. Tbh, I would have slept on it and in the cold light of day probably kept on it. I’m not sure if that makes you or I happy. We all have to take responsibility for our actions in life.

Good question. Like I said, money in a bag is a different conundrum. It’s potentially associated with being dirty and crime, and we’re programmed in that respect. I’ve never had a substantial amount of cash in my possession, so putting it in a bag in the loft doesn’t equate in my world. Tbh, I would have slept on it and in the cold light of day probably kept on it. I’m not sure if that makes you or I happy. We all have to take responsibility for our actions in life.
Very true and well put there , I'd have just kept it, as in ........................ I just would have mate ! (y)
Friday tomorrow !!!!!! :)