Forum Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
danny, you wanted to go travelling again didnt you? heres your chance. coventrys lovely this time of year.

steve cov said:
danny, you wanted to go travelling again didnt you? heres your chance. coventrys lovely this time of year.
So is Tipton and the surrounding areas steve not very nice in the winter time though .

come to norfolk loadsa chips and ice cream,things gettin so tight might turn me garden into a little campsite [if missis lets me] ;D ,with my luck at mo it would proberly fill up with imigrants of polish descent or a tribe of pikeys or worse still kin newly nvq,d so called spreads looking for work :-\

lol

I am going to Newark on saturday in the buggy for a show..... I think we go past coventry!

Danny

You're all sacked ;D Seriously, i think it's a god idea but nigh on impossible to enforce. Lets be honest, WE all think we are good spreads.....except me, I'M 1 OF THE BEST 8) how do i know? all my work is checked then double cked by my goodself. 9 out of ten times i plaster with a halogen lamp so i don't have any misses. I'm not perfect but i don't really get many complaints and i tel all my customers to let me know if they are not entirely satisfied!! ;) I would love for my work to be scrutinised by one of you guys! 8)

Casper said:
You're all sacked ;D Seriously, i think it's a god idea but nigh on impossible to enforce. Lets be honest, WE all think we are good spreads.....except me, I'M 1 OF THE BEST 8) how do i know? all my work is checked then double cked by my goodself. 9 out of ten times i plaster with a halogen lamp so i don't have any misses. I'm not perfect but i don't really get many complaints and i tel all my customers to let me know if they are not entirely satisfied!! ;) I would love for my work to be scrutinised by one of you guys! 8)
customers dont no what there looking at anyway mate, so your out ;)

Of course my customers know what they're looking for. Some of my customers are builders and painters. But i know what you're saying mate. ;D It's taken me years to get where i am and i really don't see that many good attempts at plasterwork to be totally honest.

Casper said:
Of course my customers know what they're looking for. Some of my customers are builders and painters. But i know what you're saying mate. ;D It's taken me years to get where i am and i really don't see that many good attempts at plasterwork to be totally honest.
thats a fair comment ,i wish i was as good as you then any tips :)

Tips? well.....firstly, attention to detail, take your time (very important) secondly, plenty of light (i nearly always have a halogen on, unless there's decent sunlight hitting the wall). We all know time is money and i've been guilty of rushing in the past but it really is a false economy. It's all about sticking with a good routine and not getting complacent.

Casper said:
Tips? well.....firstly, attention to detail, take your time (very important) secondly, plenty of light (i nearly always have a halogen on, unless there's decent sunlight hitting the wall). We all know time is money and i've been guilty of rushing in the past but it really is a false economy. It's all about sticking with a good routine and not getting complacent.
thanks mate i will take that on bord ,also whats the best way to skim a ceiling ???

Casper said:

CAN I HAVE SOME TIPS ASWELL PLEASE ? ;D

bit of a newbie meself Casper, prob best starting at the beginning ;D

Only joking mate but I'm not sure whether u should skim hardwall on top of
plasterboard on the same day or leave it 24hrs to dry first ???

And on those green boards i read somewhere that hardwall must be left a week before skimming ???
Something to do with the silicone on the boards ???
::)

Status
Not open for further replies.