Form

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasterCraftDundee

Anbody else think they can be on form or bad form when plastering? Couple of weeks ago I was on form, mixing up pretty much exactly what I needed no waste, every mix going completely plan, getting great finishes which felt effortless. But last week and now the start of this week im defo out of form, either making up far too much or not enough. troweling up just isn't right, seem to be taking one or two extra trowels than normal to get a good finish and its been a bit of struggle at times. Its maybe all mind games but just wondered if anyone else goes thru spells like this.

Think it's a mind set mate. Sometimes I go into job an just dnt want to be there an that's wen nothing seem Togo my way and have to take extra time to make it right. An sometimes if go into job with right mind set for it it seems tobe effortless .

Yes mate....my sets ate generally won or lost on the way to work depending on my general mood and aching body...

Dont think its any coincidence that tend to struggle when not in the right mood or carrying an ache...

Also can guarantee when on a t**t of a customers job something doesn't go to plan..its like a forced mistake because your not relaxed,!

Dont blame your self..... blame british gypsum. Thats what i do. every pallet of gear seems to have a different set time and some of it feels like fudge to trowel up

Anbody else think they can be on form or bad form when plastering? Couple of weeks ago I was on form, mixing up pretty much exactly what I needed no waste, every mix going completely plan, getting great finishes which felt effortless. But last week and now the start of this week im defo out of form, either making up far too much or not enough. troweling up just isn't right, seem to be taking one or two extra trowels than normal to get a good finish and its been a bit of struggle at times. Its maybe all mind games but just wondered if anyone else goes thru spells like this.
Everyday plaster craft ,

It's the weather

Head up , back on it tomorrow

Dont blame your self..... blame british gypsum. Thats what i do. every pallet of gear seems to have a different set time and some of it feels like fudge to trowel up

Good idea, I'm outside rest of the week so if that goes wrong ill be blaming jewsons sand!

I wouldn't say my form is ever off but theres definitely jobs I don't want to be on and it feels like everything goes wrong. On a full empty house at the moment a mile away from my front door it's a brilliant job with a skip in the drive for all the s**t in my van I don't need and cracking money to boot. There's not much swearing on this job but last week I was under a staircase trying in vain to skim the awful boarding the joiners/cowboys left and I was in a bad mood most of the night after that. Gotta take the rough with the smooth man. Excuse the pun.

I'm a mardy arse most of the time ...if I don't get a few coffees offered on job I get the hump.
Been doing a job across the road from my house thought it was a good thing for location ...glad it's nearly done now,keep steering at my house through the windows thinking I just want to go home,
:birras::lol:

I'm not having any issues:inocente:with the weather but 43c in the summer staggering about on stilts stinging eyes from sweat not being able to keep up getting enough water in from sweat pissing out ain't much fun either. Gonna feck August off this year like the locals and beach it. :descansando:

I'm not having any issues:inocente:with the weather but 43c in the summer staggering about on stilts stinging eyes from sweat not being able to keep up getting enough water in from sweat pissing out ain't much fun either. Gonna feck August off this year like the locals I will get me motorbike out and go beach on it. :descansando:
image.jpg

I'm wearing my thong tomorrow intead....those pants were a bit constricting.

Status
Not open for further replies.