For The Attention Of British Gypsum ...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, thanks as always for the feedback and sorry for the frustration with the slow moving process.

In response to the issues raised, we’ve set up a dedicated team to review our packaging and they are currently exploring manufacturing and production processes. Once this is complete, they will then be going to site to speak to customers directly and get further feedback.

As the team continues with the review, we’ll share further updates with you, but in the meantime, please let us know your thoughts and experiences with us via the following email address: thistleplaster@saint-gobain.com

Bg. I can save you a hell of a lot of time and wages on this team youre using.

Are you ready. ..

Here goes...

Go back to how you were making bags before you put the plastic liner in. You're welcome x

I fail to see how a big company cant implement changes quickly. Im sure if they had a drop in revenue form people shifting to a different supplier they would sort the changes pretty quick. Also BG never had this problem before they introduced the plastic liner inside the bags so they already have the solution buy using an archived bag design. Its not like they have to re-invent the wheel to solve this problem

Bg. I can save you a hell of a lot of time and wages on this team youre using.

Are you ready. ..

Here goes...

Go back to how you were making bags before you put the plastic liner in. You're welcome x

Maybe if we were on the dedicated team we could put our crazy idea to them marra..................:RpS_thumbup:

Really!?!? A DEDICATED TEAM of people to design a paper bag and then going out to speak to customers. We are your customers you ends of bellness and we all say the bags are a pile of poop so just get on and get them changed. Absolute numptys

Do you honestly think anything will change .... they have the monopoly on finish so they can do what they want or not - FACT !

Do you honestly thiIk anything ill change .... they have the monopoly on finish so they can do what they want or not - FACT !

They dont have the monopoly.... mp finish by knauf is very popular.

And yes they are doing something about it.

Danny

Nowhere around here stocks any of the different finishes. Convenience dictates what materials we use most of the time.

I agree with the above - if I could use knauf I would but my local travis etc are **** basically.

Did anyone get sorted out over the uni finish out of curiosity ?:rolleyes)

I agree with the above - if I could use knauf I would but my local travis etc are **** basically.

Did anyone get sorted out over the uni finish out of curiosity ?:rolleyes)

There is nothing wrong with BG products, it's just the utter, utter, utter .... utter shite packaging!

But fear not, because a "dedicated team" has been set up to talk to their customers (not us) and will inform the phlebs (us) of their findings!

There is nothing wrong with BG products, it's just the utter, utter, utter .... utter shite packaging!

But fear not, because a "dedicated team" has been set up to talk to their customers (not us) and will inform the phlebs (us) of their findings!

You must be lucky and never had a bad batch of Multi .... end user that's left to deal with all the problems.

Funnily enough I don't have any real issues with the packaging, gone through 8 bags in a day and a half and non tore open or ripped .... maybe im just not ham fisted like others :flapper:

You must be lucky and never had a bad batch of Multi .... end user that's left to deal with all the problems.

Funnily enough I don't have any real issues with the packaging, gone through 8 bags in a day and a half and non tore open or ripped .... maybe im just not ham fisted like others :flapper:

What would you call a bad batch of multi?

Sure it varies a bit, but then so does the temperature, humidity & background it's applied too!

If you are asking whether I have ever NOT overcome any problems & got the job done, the answer is no!

Or maybe youre that slow you're still using the old style decent bags which would be out of date. This would explain why the bags are good but the contents is ****** lol

Yeah, the tight ******* should invest in some stilts. Or maybe a better option would be if he fell and did lasting damage.

What would you call a bad batch of multi?

Sure it varies a bit, but then so does the temperature, humidity & background it's applied too!

If you are asking whether I have ever NOT overcome any problems & got the job done, the answer is no!

Flash setting ... wasn't asking about overcoming problems what I ment was b.g don't do anything about a bad pallet and its us spreads that have to spend more time sorting out or overcoming

Flash setting ... wasn't asking about overcoming problems what I ment was b.g don't do anything about a bad pallet and its us spreads that have to spend more time sorting out or overcoming

I still don't know what you are talking about?

Sometimes when you are putting bits on everywhere it seems to tighten up a bit quick, but that's just because it takes a while to use a bag up!

I don't know quite how many 10s of thousand bags of Thistle board, multi or Carlite finish I have used in my time, but I have NEVER experienced your "flash setting" with a bag of fresh finish & clean water.

And you do need to remember this is a mineral mined out of the ground, and is going to vary slightly from time to time.

ps; Just got home from Greece & you should see the shite they have to use! :RpS_wink:

I have had 2 flash sets this week...

Normally due to bad storage conditions....

So nothing to do with 30c temperature then?

What time scale would you say from knocking up to set when describing a "flash set"?

I have seen it set in 30 seconds before, but it's usually been lying on a concrete garage floor for 18 months.

10 20 minutes these went off...

The bags looked ropey though where all in date but looked like they had been abused and left in damp conditions...

Its ok though I controlled it and the walls came out good :)

Had flash settings for a while before - so bad we had to call the rep out who took a bag away to test. Sometimes if it has a strong ammonia smell when mixing it alarm bells start to ring.
The rep did say that sometimes gypsum can stick in the shute and can come down all in one go.
Multi at the minute seams ok and had no bother with it - not used board in ages.

I have had 2 flash sets this week...

Normally due to bad storage conditions....

I think it was down to you being too slow and out of practice rather than flash setting Daniel...................:RpS_wink:

10 20 minutes these went off...

The bags looked ropey though where all in date but looked like they had been abused and left in damp conditions...

Its ok though I controlled it and the walls came out good :)

I think most of us no it's bad storage/old stock, it's too easy to blame BG!
I can tell if it's "not right" as it sort of curdles as you knock it up, and as soon as it starts generating heat it's time to abort mission!

But that doesn't alter the fact that the packaging was & still is shite .... I wonder how the dedicated crack team are getting on with their investigation? zzzz

The bags of dab never bust, and i really dont think this bag issue is too hard to sort out...............is it..................:RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.