footwear

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Steel when ime up to my neck in muck and bullets around £80 a pair when ime inside steel trainers i get from a place local to me £30 comfY as fcuk.

CAT steel toe for me. The man i served my time with told me not to buy cheep boots for work when you are going to be in them 10 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week. Then spend big money on shoes you are going to wear a few hours at the weekend.
wise words.... so i spent and alternate between 3 pairs. 1. JCB Drivemaster 2. Fortec Boulders V12.. 3. Castleman American loggers. All have a steel plate in the sole for nails. 1&2 have steel toecaps and 3 have a very strong plastic toecap and come up to my calfs. All are reasonably comfortable , the loggers are awesome, in a different league to home grown boots , they are the most protective and most comfy but they did cost £100. I wash them off at the end of the day and apply polish/dubbin regularly #1 &2 have lasted me and will last a long time more.
People who wear trainers or the like for construction work make me shudder, sorry i've had too many injuries, twisted an ankle once stepping off a milk crate, countless nails in my feet, a sheet of ply edge down on my toe!! that one still bothers me 20years later. People working with me wearing innapropriate footwear maintain " well they are my feet,up to me" but they will still require taking to hospital/home etc by your good self if they have an accident,costing you time/money.It's like coming to work with the flu!
The Caterpillar Spartans are the dogs, google them.

la gear trainers, with those little flashing lights in the sole. :RpS_cool: or some hi -tec trainers

Site Dealer boots from Screwfix, £25 they're the lightest boot I've worn, very comfortable, no breaking them in either.
No laces, so quick change for getting in the motor

Puma do an excellent range of safety trainers and boots (puma store online) unbelievably comfy, the composite toe trainers are proper light aswell so ideal if you use stilts.

My feet got absolutely ****** wearing what I now class as cheap safety footwear. I have to agree you wear your boot all day long so I now pay the extra and have Himalayan Composite Safety Boots/trainers . They are so lightweight you don't feel like you are wearing a safety boot. Then again maybe I just like spending my money

If you have to wear work footwear to start every work day, the footwear should not be burdensome, or your workdays would be terrible. Tooking off work shoes is not a good way to get rid of them. Since, work shoes or safety boots supply protection for your feet in special environment. What you need to do is to get comfortable and high-quality work shoes.

If you have to wear work footwear to start every work day, the footwear should not be burdensome, or your workdays would be terrible. Tooking off work shoes is not a good way to get rid of them. Since, work shoes or safety boots supply protection for your feet in special environment. What you need to do is to get comfortable and high-quality work shoes.

You've lost me. Could you explain in more detail. Thanks.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Just bought some scruffs boots, they are called nemesis with orange and black on tan.

About 2 week old, got 2 x trousers from wickes, they knocked 10% off everything.

Ended up paying £110.00 for boots, 2 x trousers and belt.

Been pretty good.

these are the ones ive got now aswell had them about 2 weeks, i thought they were really uncomfortable to start with but they are ok now, only ok though nowhere near as comfortable as dewalt boots but dewalt dont seem to last very long now

Recommend some then Einstein, instead of stating the obvious....

Status
Not open for further replies.