Fooking rain

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got into a lot of stress earlier this year with a full order book and a 3 day week because of the rain. Customers were ringing on the due by date when I was a month behind. After a couple of jobs being cancelled because I didn't turn up when I said i would (like 3 months before!) I simply cancelled 2 months of work with the excuse of a chipped bone in my elbow and started with a clean slate.

First time in 31 years of business I had to do it but the stress of people shouting at me, the constant rain and the 2 T***s I have working for me (ignorant and lazy) it was the right thing to do. It was because of the stress of late I have been quiet on here. Had to reduce anything to do with work, doctors orders.

its all relative isnt it,
you strive to build a business up from nothing, build contacts up, find work for your employees etcetc.
this year has cost me a fortune- financially, not health wise luckerly but due to the weather and lost income, but you have to keep going at it, dont you i guess, aswell as the golden rule nobody works as hard as youll do.
End of the day tho, you cant take it with you, granted ive been able to buy nice stuff through work ie nice house, nice car for the misses etc but money shouldnt be your main motivator in life,i genuinely enjoy my job rendering and get great job satisfaction from it, but if it started to get to much and my health was suffering id give it all up tomorrow, work to live, not live to work.

Yep I aggre it's so hard sometimes julgleing jobs and stuff I get so stressed sometimes I think it's the fact that a lot depends on us rendering the house for services ect but I've started to just say no these days if they want u they will wait so easy to get all stressed out happens to me all the time but the money can be really good I suppose that's why we do it I've just had a 3 day break and boy I needed it back in tomorrow and feeling nice and fresh now

Status
Not open for further replies.