floating a wall image request for a text book

Members online

i have been asked to help source an image for a text book of someone devil floating a wall...

I’m writing to request permission to reproduce an image from Plasterers News in our upcoming textbook, The City & Guilds Textbook: Plastering for Levels 1 and 2. The author, Kevin Byrne, would like to use the following photo of devil floating in the chapter on principles of construction.

The book is being published by Hodder Education in partnership with City & Guilds in October 2020. We would of course credit you as the source of the image, with any other acknowledgements that you require. If you would like to see the context in which the photo would appear I can supply the page from the proofs.

Does anybody have one of them floating they would be happy to use in a text book?

Last edited:
i have been asked to help source an image for a text book of someone devil floating a wall...

Does anybody have one of them floating they would be happy to use in a text book?
Please tell us more about said book Dan .

Please tell us more about said book Dan .

all the info I have is in the post above. They contacted me to use an image I have on my other site but that was supplied by some one else and not my image. so I said I would ask on here to see if anyone had any photos they have taken they could use in the book :D

It's the work of the devil

Tell them to use coarser sand lol

I’ll be happy to dig one out mate.
I might have a polaroid somewhere I can send you?

This is best I can come up with at short notice. 20190709_154352.jpg

He asks for a picture of someone devil floating a wall and you send him a picture of a really shitty scratch coat. This trades f**k*d. Theres probably 10 people on here who can float properly. Luckily I am one of them. The rest...well.....
Your missing the bigger picture.

He asks for a picture of someone devil floating a wall and you send him a picture of a really shitty scratch coat. This trades f**k*d. Theres probably 10 people on here who can float properly. Luckily I am one of them. The rest...well.....

I've been on here a few years now and I've seen all sorts of bollox posted on this forum from so called 'professional plasterers' and I reckon I can count on one hand the amount of spreads on here (having never met them personally) who I would trust to do work on my own house, purely based on what they've said in general posts and giving out advice.
I'm reserving judgement on your good self for now as you've only been on here since April, coincidentally you joined about the same time lurpak 'gods gift to spreads' fked off ;)

I've been on here a few years now and I've seen all sorts of bollox posted on this forum from so called 'professional plasterers' and I reckon I can count on one hand the amount of spreads on here (having never met them personally) who I would trust to do work on my own house, purely based on what they've said in general posts and giving out advice.
I'm reserving judgement on your good self for now as you've only been on here since April, coincidentally you joined about the same time lurpak 'gods gift to spreads' fked off ;)
I wouldn’t work in your house, apparently you’ve got to wipe your feet on the way out! :crying: