Float and set rates

• Thread starter Deleted member 40536
  • Start date
Our work was mainly toughcoat and skim back in the 90s
I came into the trade 98 but we used tough coat all the time it was easier to knock up than hard wall but stunk the next day before skimming, tight arse plasterers never had a paddle so bath n shovel it was, thems the days

I came into the trade 98 but we used tough coat all the time it was easier to knock up than hard wall but stunk the next day before skimming, tight arse plasterers never had a paddle so bath n shovel it was, thems the days
Yes wank days them that's why I bought a megamixer

I've never used Toughcoat and honestly have not a clue what it works like. Educate me please.
Spreads better than browning sets harder then hardwall easier to mix back in the day with bath n shovel we used to leave it over night too for the next morning sets til dinner then float again after dinner

Spreads better than browning sets harder then hardwall easier to mix back in the day with bath n shovel we used to leave it over night too for the next morning sets til dinner then float again after dinner
Its was by far the best lightweight backing . It rubbed and ruled rearly well . Hardwalls shite compared to it

Sounds like it was a good product.

I've said to a couple of BG reps. that they need a product where you can float for two, three or four days and then turn back skimming and only get a moderate suction.
This was after they'd both told me that BG would like to see a return to f&s (@Vincey ). I also pointed out that they'd left it far too late and that there just weren't enough spreads with the necessary skill set and that it couldn't be picked up as quickly as d&d and skimming. They looked a little baffled by that comment.