Float and set or dot and dab

Members online

No members online now.
Get some f**k*r else to do it lol :ROFLMAO:
Yeah defo float and skim all depends on the construction of the house tho doesnt it??

Get some f**k*r else to do it lol :ROFLMAO:
Yeah defo float and skim all depends on the construction of the house tho doesnt it??

Stripped loads off mines over xmas....loose bricks out blocked back up.
Float set and re skim ceilings.
Walls knocking down chimneys pulled down and out.
Just hope the cuunts with the skips hurry up and come to work !!!!

Not sure if he finds out you want to use s@c:loco:
I love me sand and cement. I do. Am getting in to the Bauwer Light tho can't fault it tbh. If I was doing up an old stone cottage I'd definitely use it.
Am doing well this week :envidioso

I love me sand and cement. I do. Am getting in to the Bauwer Light tho can't fault it tbh. If I was doing up an old stone cottage I'd definitely use it.
Am doing well this week :envidioso

Nothing wrong with it tbh. Everyone has favourite when it comes to old school. Mine is lime:)

i would dot and dab on high u value blocks. they may crack but as you do not see the crack beneath the plasterboard it does not become a problem.
floating sand and cement went out with the ark it was superseded by carline browning and now thistle hardwall, , both pre mixed and not hit and miss.

All the council houses in Ireland are finished in float and set. A lot of private houses dot and dab. Most people in the building game here all agree the best built houses u can buy in Ireland are x council houses. Mad but true the best of material go in to them.

All the council houses in Ireland are finished in float and set. A lot of private houses dot and dab. Most people in the building game here all agree the best built houses u can buy in Ireland are x council houses. Mad but true the best of material go in to them.
I did a bit of council work a few years ago , nothing spared and plenty of day work patching tiny stuff that their own painters couldnt be arsed with .
Alot of the new houses are being floated now instead of drylining with a good wide cavity

I did a bit of council work a few years ago , nothing spared and plenty of day work patching tiny stuff that their own painters couldnt be arsed with .
Alot of the new houses are being floated now instead of drylining with a good wide cavity
Yes see it now a lot more with the wide cavity.

I'd say float and set, but being very careful with the gypsum type of plaster in older properties with risks of damp and moisture.

One of the issues linked to gypsum type of plaster is its difficulty to handle moisture. Due to the hygroscopic nature of gypsum, it easily absorbs and retains moisture from the surrounding atmosphere and substrate. Damp is one of the most common factors that can affect gypsum plaster, leaving it susceptible to the growth of black mould and salts.

I found the following publication, from our competitor Tarmac, Pozament being particular interesting on this topic:
http://labmonline.co.uk/features/pozament-plaster-work

I'd say float and set, but being very careful with the gypsum type of plaster in older properties with risks of damp and moisture.

One of the issues linked to gypsum type of plaster is its difficulty to handle moisture. Due to the hygroscopic nature of gypsum, it easily absorbs and retains moisture from the surrounding atmosphere and substrate. Damp is one of the most common factors that can affect gypsum plaster, leaving it susceptible to the growth of black mould and salts.

I found the following publication, from our competitor Tarmac, Pozament being particular interesting on this topic:
If damp was an issue or condensation (quite alot mistake condensation for damp to be fair) then dryzones systems by Safeguard would be the best by a country mile.

Right stuff all this romance of float and set tosh :numberone:

It's 2017 Ffs , Bg 90mm thermaline Super topped with thistle pure finish (active air technology) and the main feature walls magnetic to put all my family's photos on :baaa:

Interesting stuff. The article states use a DPC before applying renovating plaster. I have a job coming up in period property, was thinking of using renovating instead of usual lime putty mortar. Can I use renovating without dpc and not expect any issues? Single skin stone with external lime render and has rising damp internally.