Fixing angle bead

Members online

S0teOqj.jpg

Got some to try.. Thanks @tapit

Bit disappointed the envelope wasn't sealed usng the tape!

So on a reskim, such as in your picture, would you stick the bead on before PVAing or do you stick to the tacky PVA?
See how I'm playing along as if you're real?
This is my question which is yet to be answered. We all know it wont stick to wet pva. And I've never seen someone bead first then pva. So do we have to pva. Let it dry then bead up?

This is my question which is yet to be answered. We all know it wont stick to wet pva. And I've never seen someone bead first then pva. So do we have to pva. Let it dry then bead up?
Quite a puzzle isn't it? I have never seen a Meercat.

Yes they do I always use them on metal stud or timber. I have tried and tested staples and I don't rate them at all.I realise there quicker but as you already know when 2nd fix skirting goes on you tend to get cracks along the skim beads as staples don't hold beads 100%.
WHAT?

I converted to staples a while ago now.
At first was using a crap stapler and thought what a load of b*ll***s. So went back to sticking them with skim.

Had a big extension to do and builder left his stapler so I gave it another go and never looked back.

Bought a decent stapler I use the dewalt 5 in 1 jobbie as it was on offer but the arrow ones are just as good.
The arrow has marks already where the staples exit the dewalt doesn't.
It's just a case of marking where the staples exit if there's no marks and your set.
Can get all the beads up in no time!

Oh and the dewalt and Stanley staplers also take arrow staples. So easy to source

Over skims I still stick with skim
What else is there?

Clout on what ever I can. Over skims on old beadless angles can be a c**t, so use short clouts, panel pins, or give up and stick them with plaster or gripfill sort of things. Generally scrim over either side of the bead too.
It was a real bugger back in the day.