First use of my Speedskims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the 600 and 1200 set last week and today was the first time I put them into use. I have to say I am quite impressed. I was skimming in a loft conversion so there was lots of curves to sweep in and some tricky angles. I like the way the 1200 takes all the dog work out of the set. Flattening the ceiling from the floor with a pole was a piece of cake. After flattening the second coat I gave it a couple of trowel ups and then a final dry one with the speedskim for a nice finish. The only downside I can see is how easy it is to get ever so slight nicks in the blade from where beads meet around the windows. Had to get a bot of wet and dry on the blade a couple of times. On the second set I did try to finish with the speedskim. But it dragged a bit so I thought **** it and got the trowel out. I've got a load of nice big ceilings coming up this week so I know they are gonna smash through those. Has anyone got any advice on finishing with them?

Did you use as is or alter the corners? I bent mine up slightly and worked a treat,I didn't get any lines,I have only used mine the once and will write a review when I have used them a few times on different materials,so far so good though:RpS_thumbup:

I haven't tried finishing with them yet found it just let me get straight on it still wet and I just tidied up the corners until it picked up a bit finished it as normal.

Did you use as is or alter the corners? I bent mine up slightly and worked a treat,I didn't get any lines,I have only used mine the once and will write a review when I have used them a few times on different materials,so far so good though:RpS_thumbup:

I curved the corners with a super fine sanding pad from B&Q's. Flattened off nicely with no lines. Yeah so far so good, well happy with them. Im actually looking forward to the ceilings I'm gonna be doing on wednesday.

I tend to use the 1200 for flattening then the 600 for the first 2 towels and finish off with the novella super flex and I'm well happy with the finish I get and like you say, so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.