First use of my Speedskims

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the 600 and 1200 set last week and today was the first time I put them into use. I have to say I am quite impressed. I was skimming in a loft conversion so there was lots of curves to sweep in and some tricky angles. I like the way the 1200 takes all the dog work out of the set. Flattening the ceiling from the floor with a pole was a piece of cake. After flattening the second coat I gave it a couple of trowel ups and then a final dry one with the speedskim for a nice finish. The only downside I can see is how easy it is to get ever so slight nicks in the blade from where beads meet around the windows. Had to get a bot of wet and dry on the blade a couple of times. On the second set I did try to finish with the speedskim. But it dragged a bit so I thought **** it and got the trowel out. I've got a load of nice big ceilings coming up this week so I know they are gonna smash through those. Has anyone got any advice on finishing with them?

Did you use as is or alter the corners? I bent mine up slightly and worked a treat,I didn't get any lines,I have only used mine the once and will write a review when I have used them a few times on different materials,so far so good though:RpS_thumbup:

I haven't tried finishing with them yet found it just let me get straight on it still wet and I just tidied up the corners until it picked up a bit finished it as normal.

Did you use as is or alter the corners? I bent mine up slightly and worked a treat,I didn't get any lines,I have only used mine the once and will write a review when I have used them a few times on different materials,so far so good though:RpS_thumbup:

I curved the corners with a super fine sanding pad from B&Q's. Flattened off nicely with no lines. Yeah so far so good, well happy with them. Im actually looking forward to the ceilings I'm gonna be doing on wednesday.

I tend to use the 1200 for flattening then the 600 for the first 2 towels and finish off with the novella super flex and I'm well happy with the finish I get and like you say, so much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.