First trowel MT or OX?

Members online

Lewwwiss

looking to get my first one.. I don't mind about price i just want people's opinions on the best.. I hear MT are the go to but I've heard OX is good stuff aswell... also the types, all this permashape or flexible or whatever it's all about. Just looking for opinions and abit more info on it all. Cheers.

I was in north herts timber last week and they have a very large ox display, Their trowels look and feel ok so I bought one, it's quite nice to use to put on, wouldn't be able to finish with it just yet though.

looking to get my first one.. I don't mind about price i just want people's opinions on the best.. I hear MT are the go to but I've heard OX is good stuff aswell... also the types, all this permashape or flexible or whatever it's all about. Just looking for opinions and abit more info on it all. Cheers.

what about a Nela?

14inch marshalltown was my first trowel, it's in das shed, after I bounced it off floor in a temper one day coz mortar kept falling off above a door frame(heavy coat) was the 3rd or 4th time it came off, told bounded across the slab floor. Blade kinked. Had a get a new one. Thankfully caught myself on after breaking a few more lol

Don't think I'll buy another mt. wouldn't consider an ox. Next trowel I purchase will be the carbon nela I expect.

Don't think I'll buy another mt. wouldn't consider an ox. Next trowel I purchase will be the carbon nela I expect.
I've only been marshalltown ss, bar flexis. Next one I think I'll bite bullet n try a nela premium, though shouldn't need a new trowel for a while yet.

Get the ox... if you search flee-bay you may get a bundle they used to do where you get a 11" 14" and a midget trowel... they are very well priced ... i wouldnt go back to mt...

Marshall Town extralite are the best in stainless steel or "carbon" blah blah. Was spring steel in my day. Anyhoo it's all the trowel you will ever need here endeth the lesson :coffe:

Hey buddy ,I have mt,nela medi and flex mk 2 and got the say the nela range is not a Bad choice more the medi as not quite broken in mk 2!

Has anyone tried to finish with a saucepan ? sure someone on here said that they could do it:confused:

I go to bed thinking about it most nights!
Me too :estudioso:
IMG_6319.JPG

I've got a 14" ox and an ox midget trowel... Both great pieces of kit and reasonably priced... £25 for the 14" worn in too! Obviously not as good as some makes but it's doing me proud! Comfy handle too.
As someone's said previously ox do a pack that has 14" a midget trowel bucket trowel aluminium hawk and snips for around a ton

I've got a 14" ox and an ox midget trowel... Both great pieces of kit and reasonably priced... £25 for the 14" worn in too! Obviously not as good as some makes but it's doing me proud! Comfy handle too.
As someone's said previously ox do a pack that has 14" a midget trowel bucket trowel aluminium hawk and snips for around a ton

Ox are certainly upping their game :D I have bee using an Ox 13 this week :D

MT extralite either stainless or spring steel or "carbon" if you want to sound a posh t**t lol

Ox are certainly upping their game :D I have bee using an Ox 13 this week :D
Not like u Danny, what u at this week. It gona be a regular thing u dusting down the toolbox again lol
Mates a bricky and he says ox. Are getting more popular in the bricky trowel too. I was in a builders suppliers and seen a pile ox trowels, looked smart enough, but none in local hardware shop as yet mustnt have confirmed order for two nelas on Sat as had to dick about with settin up a PayPal or something when I tried checking out on t for tools, so took a thick head and ordered it off p1ss instead of fannying about with that again. Similar price too so not too bad. Hopefully get em tomorrow.

Still gutted about that, haven't been able to use my new trowel either being signed off sick.
Did u get a new nela or go for mt? I've 1 coming this week, how long it take to get him broke in right? Only thing we do brave bit of sand cement work should help

Did u get a new nela or go for mt? I've 1 coming this week, how long it take to get him broke in right? Only thing we do brave bit of sand cement work should help
It wasn't that long i started skimming with it straight away and after a few days it was alright, replaced it with the carbon nela which I've got high hopes for.