fire rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the input. I think @leebo02 has got it right. Architect turned up yesterday by chance. He cleared it up. Normal board are 15 mins. Pink fire line 12.5mm are 30 mins. So double pink boarding gives 60 mins fire separation. Whether it's 2 boards overlapped or even if it's a stud wall with one board either side. I questioned the stud wall one board either side scenario as fire would pass the board and burn the stud in 30 mins. But he said it would still take another 30 mins to fully breach the wall. It was an interesting conversation and makes you realise what can sometimes be involved within the realms of plastering. For all the chancers and DIY ers out there who think spreading is just making a wall fresh flat and smooth there are times when a plasterers job is far more and a thought process has to be involved. If the arch didn't turn up yesterday I think I would have been happy with the knowledge from members of the plasterers forum on here. I thanks again lads. Happy New Year to you all

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @RobJack :) yeah doing my reno has opened me up to realise when i started it i really didnr have a clue...lol 9 months in and i am looking for the next project

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.