fire proof plaster!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

liverb333

i hav been asked to do a job which includes inside a fireplace where there will b a log burner going! bit advice on wat is the best way 2 go about it as in the best stuff 2 use! - fire board then fire proof plaster? sand and cement? all view welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vitas do heat resistant backing coat (screed ) and a plaster , not the nicest products to use but it will do the job comes 20 and 25 kg tubs around £20 per tub

Ive seen in the ever build catalogue that they do a 25kg bag, have not used it so don't know. I always mix up a batch of refactory cement: 6 sharp sand, 1 cement, 1 hydrated lime and do a sticky mix(little water), chuck in some glass fibre if you want.
People have diffenent methods so find one that suits you or that you're confident using

There will be no direct flame from the burner as this will be contained so it will be no differnt than the heat on normal plaster from say behind a radiator.
So i would use s/c and skim it or just s/c

Ive seen in the ever build catalogue that they do a 25kg bag, have not used it so don't know. I always mix up a batch of refactory cement: 6 sharp sand, 1 cement, 1 hydrated lime and do a sticky mix(little water), chuck in some glass fibre if you want.
People have diffenent methods so find one that suits you or that you're confident using

I used this gear last week and its awfull you just can't trowel it up we used the sponge float over it and it came out ok

Did my dads a few years ago bonding and skim, thinking it was just going to be a hole in the wall with an ornament in there kind of thing, but then they got one of them real flame gas fires fitted in it, which is proper hot,

just the same as a real fire, and there is no problem at all.

use segrelime its made of pumice stone as the pozzolan and nhl 3.5 or 5 depending on how strong you want the set they use this on bread and pizza ovens

Status
Not open for further replies.