Finishing with speed skim

Members online

No members online now.

ChrispyUK

Anybody do it? Been experimenting today with speed skim SF (stainless steel blade). Can get it pretty close with the ST plastic blade but thought I'd give it a whirl. Comes up pretty good with a mist of water then final flatten with SF but will continue to experiment.

IMG_1213.JPG
IMG_0329.JPG

Today I managed with only 1 flattening trowel after a speedskim on a 40m2 ceiling. Then finished with an eze spat. Turned out great. Couldn’t be arsed with more trowels but proved it’s possible to finish with a spat. Zero water. Just getting timings right.

Today I managed with only 1 flattening trowel after a speedskim on a 40m2 ceiling. Then finished with an eze spat. Turned out great. Couldn’t be arsed with more trowels but proved it’s possible to finish with a spat. Zero water. Just getting timings right.

Yeah, probably did hit it a bit late, was just starting to drag so faintest mist on it. Will have another go tomorrow. Cheers mate (y)

Yeah, probably did hit it a bit late, was just starting to drag so faintest mist on it. Will have another go tomorrow. Cheers mate (y)
Not sure how much bend is in the SF but the Eze spat is very bendy. That Marshalltown one I got the other day is stiff compared to the Eze. Maybe they’re all a bit different

Not sure how much bend is in the SF but the Eze spat is very bendy. That Marshalltown one I got the other day is stiff compared to the Eze. Maybe they’re all a bit different

I've got nothing to really compare it too except my super flex and its def stiffer than that. Got some walls to do tomorrow so will have another go.

I rarely use my speedskim not because I don’t think there a good bit of kit purely because it’s one extra thing to get out of the van then clean and put back! With all these extra trowels ect the two and throw journey to the van is just not on!! The less movement I do in the day the better cos I cannot be f**k*d with this shithouse job sometimes (y)

I rarely use my speedskim not because I don’t think there a good bit of kit purely because it’s one extra thing to get out of the van then clean and put back! With all these extra trowels ect the two and throw journey to the van is just not on!! The less movement I do in the day the better cos I cannot be f**k*d with this shithouse job sometimes (y)
That's the point of a speed skim........less movement with the trowel or am i doing it wrong ?

That's the point of a speed skim........less movement with the trowel or am i doing it wrong ?

use mine on ceilings unless they’re small. Good for a quick flatten , saves going up and down with hopup.

id use it on walls but can’t hold it properly to evenly apply pressure like can using pole

use mine on ceilings unless they’re small. Good for a quick flatten , saves going up and down with hopup.

id use it on walls but can’t hold it properly to evenly apply pressure like can using pole

A spat does everything that speed skim does but leaves it finished instead of rubbery.

Anybody do it? Been experimenting today with speed skim SF (stainless steel blade). Can get it pretty close with the ST plastic blade but thought I'd give it a whirl. Comes up pretty good with a mist of water then final flatten with SF but will continue to experiment.

View attachment 44430View attachment 44431
You f**k**g chancer, it's not like I've ever finished the odd ceiling or three with a spat.

tried speedskim on walls. Not too bad f**k knows how any one could finish with it. Needs 2 trowels now to finish. hanging like f**k.

ceiling grit still wet before Columbo asks why walls on first

tried speedskim on walls. Not too bad f**k knows how any one could finish with it. Needs 2 trowels now to finish. hanging like f**k.

ceiling grit still wet before Columbo asks why walls on first

View attachment 44461
I said a couple of months back that I found when i use a speed skim it makes the gear hang but quite a few on here we’re saying it’s the opposite for them. f**k**g chancers! Lol

Did this one today chrispy turd , old council house up our way , bit filling out needed in between the joists but put a good thick first coat on laid , three whip rounds with the St then pulled out me NEla carbon for last flick over
Felt good today to be back at my s**t hole jobs
Team Speedskim baby
286E1890-013F-4645-839D-573EB66C8177.jpeg
DC56B7B3-A18E-472A-A1C1-27D57BA1F575.jpeg

Best tools invented thank goodness I was in this time of the trade , fair enough there’s a lot of good trowels ,spats and s**t nowadays but for me the Speedskim is number one the others just aren’t the same
Speedskim with ss blade ?

What’s the sf like? And how is the st different to the original grey bladed speedskim?
Sf is like the flex trowels mate I had two but don’t use them now , I like the blue to do what Rossi said earlier take it as far as can with the blue st blade to nearly finished then flick round with my hand trowel , crispy was right though in his original post a very light spray you can get finish with metal Speedskim at the end ,
I’m not sure about the original grey but think they changed the casing so the blade moves slightly more and possibly the blade slightly, I just like the blue for me 600 or 1200,but for small rooms 600 I like best

This is my original blade can’t remember when got it am sure they get better with age , am at s**t job today will try get some pictures as go along to motivate myself today , just want to go home atm lol
82F72DED-01ED-4846-83DC-1E6B36CA5F07.jpeg
43966850-39FC-4882-BA85-57AB957504A5.jpeg
28AEED06-6F2F-48A1-B744-9B7AC9A18826.jpeg