Fine hair line cracks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellas,

Need to grab some experience again, i've rendered up a wall using sbr as specified by a client, on 1:4 mix, i wetted up the wall before i pinked it but now theres very small hairline cracks appearing? I've not had this happen on using normal add mixtures any one come across this before,
Ready to recieve help.

:-(

I bet the render wasn't allowed to cure for long enough before it was skimmed and was still shrinking.

i used an sbr slurry onto a backing coat, i rendered it about 24 hours later, however airblowers were used after as there was a burst pipe onto the floor could this be my problem?

ChoicePlastering said:
i used an sbr slurry onto a backing coat, i rendered it about 24 hours later, however airblowers were used after as there was a burst pipe onto the floor could this be my problem?

The blowers certainly wouldn't have helped but render should be left longer than 24hours before skimming, cracking can occur to a greater or lesser extent depending on the cleanliness of the sand used. Blowers have a greater effect on skimming that has been applied thicker than it should be.

ChoicePlastering said:
Though that may have been it, how long would you recommed leaving the render before skimming for future referance?

Personally I leave for 5 days minimum but I know that this isn't always possible for others due to pressure from the clients

Status
Not open for further replies.