Fill gaps in ceilings plasterboard first or after?

Members online

M

Michael5

Hi
We are overboarding our laths and plaster ceiling. Well our plaster has but there are gaps. Should he have filled them first or is he. Ok to fill them after. I'm assuming this is what he will be doing.

Attachments

• IMG_7115.JPG
    IMG_7115.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,729
Hi
We are overboarding our laths and plaster ceiling. Well our plaster has but there are gaps. Should he have filled them first or is he. Ok to fill them after. I'm assuming this is what he will be doing.

The gaps are on the wall. He'll probly fill woth abit of hardwall or bonding before skimming the ceiling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well he has put up the boards and I am assuming he will fill as u have mentioned. I was just wondering if the correct way of doing it if there isn't one. To fill these before boards are put up or after.
Well if he were on here lol doesn't matter.
Just getting second opinions and knowledge lol. As it difficult when u are not in the trade

Another customer witchhunt from someone with zero people skills no doubt!

Like I always sat world's gone mad!

Hi
Hi Michael5, oh please! wouldn't it just be easier to talk to your plasterer about this? After all he is the one that you have employed? :tonto:

Well he has put up the boards and I am assuming he will fill as u have mentioned. I was just wondering if the correct way of doing it if there isn't one. To fill these before boards are put up or after.
Well if he were on here lol doesn't matter.
Just getting second opinions and knowledge lol. As it difficult when u are not in the trade
Hi , it's like a cake in the cooker , wait till it's served to appreciate how nice it tastes

If you booked him to do the ceiling only, that's not his problem. If you ask him I am sure you two will find a way. So far he has done nothing wrong.

You are looking for problems before they arise.
Overthinking.
Let him finish before trying to pick spots.

Michael, fill all the gaps with Expanding foam to help him out. A customer I worked for did that with all the chases after a rewire.

Not looking for problems, just had other people come round for other things and they mentioned work didn't look that great,( maybe they looking for work) but made me a bit paranoid. So wanted a second opinion. Can't exactly go to him and say his work looks cow boyish. But will ask him about gaps today!

Now the ceiling is up, your man has something to fill against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not looking for problems, just had other people come round for other things and they mentioned work didn't look that great,( maybe they looking for work) but made me a bit paranoid. So wanted a second opinion. Can't exactly go to him and say his work looks cow boyish. But will ask him about gaps today!

Listen Op, see them fcuking idiots saying the work doesn't look good, don't listen to them. Of course it doesn't look good because it ain't finished. I hate nothing more than them people who think they know what they are talking about. I see it every other day. I think I've mentioned this a few times on here about people who know jack s**t about construction work. An example is when ive been in other peoples houses and they mention that the plasterers who plastered the house where crap because of the cracks. I'm sick to death telling these thick fcuks that they are settlement cracks ffs and have Jack s**t to do with the plasterers!! Its the same with pricing, these thick f**k**s look at a job and think it'll only take a half hour to do and should only be charged a few pound. Little do they realize it takes more than a half hour to collect the materials and get the tools out of the van.

Anyway rant over. OP, as for them gaps. Of course the plasterer will fill the holes. By the looks of the wall, hell be skimming that aswell as ceiling. If not, he can pick up them holes while plastering the ceiling after bonding them. Now go away and come back with some after pics so we can rip fcuk out of the plasterers work. :inocente:

Maybe I'll catch those onions and apple in the mesh that should be used to stop the settling cracks. but I know nothing just general public thanks for the responses

Maybe I'll catch those onions and apple in the mesh that should be used to stop the settling cracks. but I know nothing just general public thanks for the responses
That made me laugh...you think you just made a clever point but didn't...settlement cracks got feck all to do with scrim

Do you show them all your reviews from pretend customers,and how much does it cost to have the bad ones removed,I know it happens I just looked on genuine customer feedback on Google

Do you show them all your reviews from pretend customers,and how much does it cost to have the bad ones removed,I know it happens I just looked on genuine customer feedback on Google
Give my builder a call if you want...they dont remove feedback although someone mentioned checkatrade will for a fee

You've got a right hard on for me Andy haven't you ....its nice your so passionate about it

So everyone on there has a 100% feedback,if you don't then customers will probably not ask you quote,also my builder will need to make you feel like your doing a great job for everyone so you continue to keep paying them for leads,sounds like they have you where they want you..