Fibre Cement Board Bathroom Ceiling Skim

Members online

True
Was hoping for a base reaction from you so well done
In fact credit to you I don’t think you have reacted like that ever?

I think it's a given that he thinks you're stupid, even if he didn't say it (for once)

Would you like to hear some propaganda statistics? Nath never misses an opportunity to regale someone with those.

I think it's a given that he thinks you're stupid, even if he didn't say it (for once)

Would you like to hear some propaganda statistics? Nath never misses an opportunity to regale someone with those.
Wrong thread mate. If you want educating just say the word

New build house, its only few years old, but has had it fair share of issues lol.

Bathroom ceiling was basically just cheap white paint onto plasterboard as far as I can see, not much if any plaster skim.

And in repairing the shower the ceiling has had a few deep scratches made in it by mistake.

So left with ceiling with a few big scratches, and because of that paint around them is starting to bubble and flake (obviously the bathroom is in use and it’s a steamy environment).

So options for repair seem to be:

1 get ceiling skimmed with plaster by a plasterer, then later painted. Don’t like this idea for a number of reasons, will make it hard if any subsequent shower repairs are needed for one.

Or

2 basic repair to ceiling (Polyfilla or similar) then cover it with something. Say either tiles or PVC patterned wallpaper (which could then be painted with paint suitable for bathroom?).

I am tending to favour getting the ceiling done in PVC patterned wallpaper, what kind would anyone recommend? And then painted? What kind of paint?

Really I want the quickest easiest cheapest solution to this problem?

Any ideas welcome.
Go option 1
option 2 is mental?

New build house, its only few years old, but has had it fair share of issues lol.

Bathroom ceiling was basically just cheap white paint onto plasterboard as far as I can see, not much if any plaster skim.

And in repairing the shower the ceiling has had a few deep scratches made in it by mistake.

So left with ceiling with a few big scratches, and because of that paint around them is starting to bubble and flake (obviously the bathroom is in use and it’s a steamy environment).

So options for repair seem to be:

1 get ceiling skimmed with plaster by a plasterer, then later painted. Don’t like this idea for a number of reasons, will make it hard if any subsequent shower repairs are needed for one.

Or

2 basic repair to ceiling (Polyfilla or similar) then cover it with something. Say either tiles or PVC patterned wallpaper (which could then be painted with paint suitable for bathroom?).

I am tending to favour getting the ceiling done in PVC patterned wallpaper, what kind would anyone recommend? And then painted? What kind of paint?

Really I want the quickest easiest cheapest solution to this problem?

Any ideas welcome.
Its plasterboard that's been taped, Just sort out the taping and paint it.