festool dwc 4500 screwgun or hilti sd 5000

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20151013_135337.jpg
Whats this aswell lol . Wheres this go

The hilti dont like double boarding into resi bar with them 50mm screws i posted a pic of . My mates 14.4v senco puts them in better . All hilti does is spit them out

I've recently done a dozen or do flats, double 15mm fire line ceilings on resi bar no probs, except for the few weeks I had the Festool. Been double boarding on timber today. I've been cutting and my mate's been on the gun. He can't put a screw in properly to save his life. I take he gun and it works perfectly.

Sounds like you should have got the fesstool one! I have never used it for this sort of boarding ,but for tacking to wood spot on.

35mms go in no problem . Just them 50mm ones they go in quick when they go in but when you try put them in quick just spits em out or collation rips so you have to go fairly slower than normal. Wondering if it the plastic on collation what causing it . It feels crap . The yellow strip timco ones go in No problem no matter how quick .

35mms go in no problem . Just them 50mm ones they go in quick when they go in but when you try put them in quick just spits em out or collation rips so you have to go fairly slower than normal. Wondering if it the plastic on collation what causing it . It feels crap . The yellow strip timco ones go in No problem no matter how quick .
Do you keep the gun spinning continuously as you are doing a row, or squeeze the trigger each time?

I have no problems with mine . Works brilliantly with any length . I have about 10 misfires per box , but that's not the gun, it's me. Also using it for the wafer head jack point screws- the speed is phenomenal

Do you keep the gun spinning continuously as you are doing a row, or squeeze the trigger each time?
When doing a ceiling i will press trigger sometimes i will release get into position again and start again . Doing a row is generally fine its when pre tacking to hold into position. It might be me having to get used to the gun . As i said with the 35mm not one miss fire . Might be just me . But could also be plastic collation . Who knows . Lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.