Festool drywall screwdriver (collated)

Members online

Don't get too excited @TonyM I used mine (Duradrive 4500) today for the first time.
50mm senco screws on a overboard got spat out the side every 1 in 10.
38 mm evolution screws much the same, also would jam quite frequently.
Found it difficult to get the screws in properly in the corners, it might just be me as I have used a makita for the last 7-8 yrs and they feel different, but I'm sure it's nothing to do with the way it's set up and unless it performs better Monday it will be going back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get too excited @TonyM I used mine (Duradrive 4500) today for the first time.
50mm senco screws on a overboard got spat out the side every 1 in 10.
38 mm evolution screws much the same, also would jam quite frequently.
Found it difficult to get the screws in properly in the corners, it might just be me as I have used a makita for the last 7-8 yrs and they feel different, but I'm sure it's nothing to do with the way it's set up and unless it performs better Monday it will be going back.

There is a 14 day money back guarantee you know. I did try my normal brand of screws through the demonstrator and they worked ok. I'm both single & double boarding all weekend so it's going to get a thrashing straight away.

I compared the size of the end with that of my Hilti, and they seemed exactly the same. In tight corners, I tend to use my impact with single screws rather than try and fail with the collated end.

I compared the size of the end with that of my Hilti, and they seemed exactly the same. In tight corners, I tend to use my impact with single screws rather than try and fail with the collated end.
Im thinking of getting the hitachi one as i have a cordless that shares the same battery etc i dont do loads of boarding on a daily basis as prefer wet plastering myself sand cement and skim etc

@Marshy :RpS_w00t:where you been pal i started useing the site again about a week ago and you havent been about

Im thinking of getting the hitachi one as i have a cordless that shares the same battery etc i dont do loads of boarding on a daily basis as prefer wet plastering myself sand cement and skim etc

Any collated gun is a bonus over single screwing.

Found out that apparently the screws have to match the 5mm increment sizes of the drill, ie 35mm as on drill not 38mm or 32mm @TonyM. Just a heads up mate incase you don't know.

@Marshy :RpS_w00t:where you been pal i started useing the site again about a week ago and you havent been about
Could say the same about you bud and you have my number anyway!? Hope all is well with you etc and hows your dog now ? Was a pup when you sent pics :)

Could say the same about you bud and you have my number anyway!? Hope all is well with you etc and hows your dog now ? Was a pup when you sent pics :)

shes getting to be a big girl now mate 11 months old now and really well behaved now, i do have your number but the last time i txt ya you had no idea who i was haha...............could be your age though:RpS_wink:

shes getting to be a big girl now mate 11 months old now and really well behaved now, i do have your number but the last time i txt ya you had no idea who i was haha...............could be your age though:RpS_wink:

That must have been january when he wasnt drinking! :)

This screw gun is the mutts nuts. Been using it for nearly 3 days now, on timber studs, resilient bar, and double boarding. The battery lasts forever and it's soooooooo quiet. No was going to keep my Hilti as a spare, but I'm going to sell it and get another one of these.

Been using mine again today @TonyM but only with the cone and 65mm screws.
It's great can't beat how quiet and fast it is, just need to get faster at having the next screw ready now, if it's possible.
How many screws do you think you get from a battery?

Been using mine again today @TonyM but only with the cone and 65mm screws.
It's great can't beat how quiet and fast it is, just need to get faster at having the next screw ready now, if it's possible.
How many screws do you think you get from a battery?

The current battery is on the third box at the moment.

That didn't take long!

Loan tool on its way out to me. Gun keeps spitting out screws and depths aren't consistent so have complained. The worst thing is that I've sold my Hilti. Can't see this getting resolved somehow. Honestly think this gun isn't for day in day out use like the Hilti. f**k**g typical.

I ain't that keen on mine at all, it's hard to push compared to my old makita and doesn't seem to have enough torque, glad it's not something I have to use everyday. I'm sure Festool will get it sorted though.

Really think it's not man enough. I'm annoyed with myself for selling my Hilti. Going to have to fork out £560 for a new one now.

I can't believe what I'm reading @TonyM , we bought a pair of the Hilti guns after your previous rave reviews and they're bloody great.

I can't believe what I'm reading @TonyM , we bought a pair of the Hilti guns after your previous rave reviews and they're bloody great.

I need a good kick mate. My new Hilti is lovely, but that's a whole new thread.
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1429163982.714718.jpg

So Festool man came and for ten minutes or so, it worked fine. Then it started spitting screws out, thank f**k. They are going to replace the collated attachment for a new one, even though it was playing up with a brand new end that he brought with him. No refund though. At least I can flog it with a new end, so hopefully won't lose to much.

So Festool man came and for ten minutes or so, it worked fine. Then it started spitting screws out, thank f**k. They are going to replace the collated attachment for a new one, even though it was playing up with a brand new end that he brought with him. No refund though. At least I can flog it with a new end, so hopefully won't lose to much.
What was his excuse/bullshit?

What was his excuse/bullshit?
There was no excuse. He said he's going to explain the problem to the technical department. Also showed him how the bit flies off sometimes when you pull off the collated end. He was only going to offer me a couple of boxes of screws until I said that I can hardly sell the gun to someone, knowing that it spat screws out. That's when he offered the new end. I think he was pissed off because I'd gone and bought a new Hilti so soon. The Festool was costing me time, going back over nearly every screw.

The Hilti has saved me over a day, completing a 2 bed apartment on the job i'm on at the moment. That's a saving of nearly £250, so this new gun is going to pay for itself in just over 2 weeks. That's mad.

The Hilti has saved me over a day, completing a 2 bed apartment on the job i'm on at the moment. That's a saving of nearly £250, so this new gun is going to pay for itself in just over 2 weeks. That's mad.
What made you even try festool? Same as Andy, I bought a Hilti off of your high recommendation of them.

Hi guys, we have always use senco owned probably 12 of the old type and really liked them, so I bought 3 of the new model 18v and 3 new model electric as we do a lot of timber frame.but all three of the battery ones after 6 months have all got the same problems, one of the teeth on the back cogs ( of the nose piece)have broke off. Have any of you guy come across this, also do any of you know of a uk senco dealer I could get spares off as I bought the battery ones from USA and can't seem to get anywhere thanks