Female Plasterer Set To Start Own Business

A talented student from East Durham College has swapped her carers uniform for work overalls to become, she believes, one of only two qualified female plasterers in the North East of England.

http://www.plasterersnews.com/female-plasterer-set-start-business/

rsz_east_durham_college_plastering_student_margaret_temple_002.jpg

Makes me laugh all this...firstly theres prob loads of female spreads up there and secondly tjis isnt the 1980s...weve had female firefighters, police officers factory workers etc for decades....a women picks up a trowel in 2017 and its like its magic...even my nan was doin heavy factory work during the war building tanks to help tje war effort. Dont remember anyone giving her a medal...

Makes me laugh all this...firstly theres prob loads of female spreads up there and secondly tjis isnt the 1980s...weve had female firefighters, police officers factory workers etc for decades....a women picks up a trowel in 2017 and its like its magic...even my nan was doin heavy factory work during the war building tanks to help tje war effort. Dont remember anyone giving her a medal...

yeah female plasterers have been about a long time now not exactly news

I'm still going to say what I always say plastering full time is not a profession for a lifetime carear for a women!

Its just a fad!... If there still doing it in 5/10 years+ I'll stand hanging!

Its far to physically demanding!

I'm still going to say what I always say plastering full time is not a profession for a lifetime carear for a women!

Yes I hate to be a pig but every time I see a Sheila on site they don't get stuck in like the guys, all too happy to stand and watch while the men muck in and lift all the heavy stuff

Yes I hate to be a pig but every time I see a Sheila on site they don't get stuck in like the guys, all too happy to stand and watch while the men muck in and lift all the heavy stuff
Dont see too many here, was one owned a floor screeding company (well It was her and 2 Eastern Europeans wheeled to her) it was her das business and then she obviously Got into it. Don't know if still at it or not years since seen her about, but then could be doing work for other firms than what I've been on. Seen few apprentice joiners and Sparks, painters,haven't seen no female brickys or plasterers as yet here lol.

Dont see too many here, was one owned a floor screeding company (well It was her and 2 Eastern Europeans wheeled to her) it was her das business and then she obviously Got into it. Don't know if still at it or not years since seen her about, but then could be doing work for other firms than what I've been on. Seen few apprentice joiners and Sparks, painters,haven't seen no female brickys or plasterers as yet here lol.
I saw a woman working with a carpenter doing posh staircases we had to help him get the stairs in place because she wasn't strong enough also seen couple dyke decorators and quite a fit bird working for an air conditioning company but we had to give her a hand with the heavy ventilation stuff

I saw a woman working with a carpenter doing posh staircases we had to help him get the stairs in place because she wasn't strong enough also seen couple dyke decorators and quite a fit bird working for an air conditioning company but we had to give her a hand with the heavy ventilation stuff

Then there are some who would cry sexism If not paid same as male workers. Wimbledon is a prime example of that. How can it be justified for women tennis players to get same prize money as men at Wimbledon when men's are best of five and theirs are best of 3....lol

Walked onto to a job last week, dark hallway. said morning pal as walked past someone, got halfway up stairs and realised the hello back I received was from a chick. she was cool though

Tbh I do absolutely f**k all most days at work I bet she could do my days but I get what you mean

Anyways just by chance last week a girl (18 ) asked if I'd take her on tbh I don't know what to say, we got on well and she did sheet up a few floors for me with stick down I was impressed tbf I just don't know if it's a good move for me to say yes

Tbh I do absolutely f**k all most days at work I bet she could do my days but I get what you mean

Anyways just by chance last week a girl (18 ) asked if I'd take her on tbh I don't know what to say, we got on well and she did sheet up a few floors for me with stick down I was impressed tbf I just don't know if it's a good move for me to say yes

THats a big worry for a lot of people :D well mainly the wives of the plasterers :D

Is a diploma a qualification?
No idea. Imo plastering is something u don't learn in a college or classroom. You need to be. Apprenticeship to be properly proficient in it, and learn by doing and doing on site until ur fit to do it right. There's a lot of learning involved in this trade even after apprenticeships are served.

You wouldn't take me on you f**k*r....I'm not an 18 year old girl though

but can they do rendering and mono an such I beg to differ which makes em skimmers?
Couldnt see it myself, hard to imagine then pushing mortar up a wall, or dashing etc. Not to say there isn't ones that do, but hada be very few and far between

Couldnt see it myself, hard to imagine then pushing mortar up a wall, or dashing etc. Not to say there isn't ones that do, but hada be very few and far between

Theres days when I struggle carrying big tubs of mortar and bags etc up and down scaffold and in my prime I'd bench press 100kg....so foook knows how they could do it on a daily basis!

most of the women - i see in tarn on a Saturday night could lift that -:inocente::inocente: and still drink a pint , :inocente::reloco: some scary ones

There was a Romanian husband and wife working together around Dublin and Kildare in the good times doing boarding.They were good at it,she was built like a tank,a sniper would'nt take her out she was that rough but some woman to work.

She might have a Ritmo or M200

It is 2017 not 1741 mate

Plenty of women spreads in the north east if you count all the southerners who have sneaked owa the border

i think its a good thing to be honest im sure @theclemo would agree...... id sit at home and suck my tits n play with my fanny while she pays the bills !!!
get to work woman.....i want my equel rights.