febond blue grit

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from wba none are recommended for same say skimming as far as I am aware. Have skimmed bluegrit same day though on porous substrates

Ok, churchy - agree that beto lovely b/a to work with - blue grit kill suction more than beto ?

Yes it does - too much in my opinion & causes bubbles to appear.
It is cheap, but it goes on so thick & lumpy it's just not cost effective. I could spend 2 hours trying to make a neat job of covering 4 walls & use best part of a tub doing so ... and it would still leave peaks that need 3 coats to cover.

Covered the upstairs walls of a cottage (including stairs) with Beto on Friday afternoon in an hour or so with half a tub.

Thistle Bond-It is fantastic stuff - but overkill. Blue Grit I wouldn't use if free. Beto just does me nicely thanks!

Micro is nice stuff. Id say wba is probably slightly better since they changed the micro. but micro is more cost effective imo and in most cases can be skimmed an hour later.

In what way steve? I like that you can now water down the micro and it still seems a solid product which makes it a bit more versatile than kontakt.

See imo its not as nice. Really lumpy and F*****g stinks in the tub once it's been watered down. Real bad eggy smell. Much preferred the orange gear

I thought I would use the blue grit instead of unibond but its like skimming over artex . Honestly I did not like it at all. May be I applied it wrong

I think blue grit is really good gear, agree it's a bit on the thick side , but I just keep whipping it up with the wisk

Only ever skimmed over blue grit once as the customer used it as he wanted a good job. He didn't stir it and the grit was all clumped together. Swallowed skimming to cover it.

Only ever skimmed over blue grit once as the customer used it as he wanted a good job. He didn't stir it and the grit was all clumped together. Swallowed skimming to cover it.

That's the one - some rougher than the Southern Ocean & the rest flatter than the doldrums.

... but all blue as the Agean! :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.