Fat Plasterers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotsocks7

There can't be many about ;D
I am only a part timer but have done some form of plastering every day for the last 2 weeks.
9 full days whilst on holiday(inc weekends),5 nights after work last week and 2 full days this weekend.
Thought the jeans were getting a bit loose so weighed myself this morning and have lost 8 pounds over the 2 week period.
I did a ceiling just under 20m one night last week which is the biggest I have done so far and my t-shirt was so wet i had to strip it off for the 2nd coat(Good job the house is empty)
I know i am having to compensate for my lack of skill/experience by working harder than an experieced plasterer would need to but even so it must still burn the calories.
Was going to rejoin the gym ready for my summer hol but don't think I will bother now.

well im a thin plasterer but i work alone usually..
theres plenty of plasterers around of the xxxxxxxxxl variety...
i blame the metabolic rate meself...
or big bones... ;D
i must admit though... bloke i worked with a few years back must have been 18 stone... never really got a sweat on whilst i was dripping wet...
though the fat f**k*r never once stopped moaning all day long!!

i might have done a better job had i not had to flatten your tops off while you winched yourself back onto the hop up ::)

i have worked with a couple, 1 guy was good/neat/tidy but on the slow side.
wouldn't even consider gettin on the scaffold.
still a good spread and a top bloke

Im not fat Im just big boned.... (but dont tell spunky)

Given practice you too could learn to flatten and polish with a bacon butty in your left hand. I might drop a few pounds rendering for a living, but skimming nah.

I've been doing a lot of work for the last twelve years in Dunmow, you know the site behind Tescos? They have about 40 houses finished waiting to sell so have stopped the site for now, but I've just been given a whole load of plans to price from another company that usually dot and dab but want me to price all their work for float&set with sand & cement ,right up my street.

i had a look at buying one of them to small and overpriced havent floated with sand and cement for years

grand wizard said:
i had a look at buying one of them to small and overpriced havent floated with sand and cement for years
Sand and cement is great it sorts the men from the boys, plus you have a proper skimming trowel again
after a few weeks

Over priced yes but they are very solid well built houses (the firm have won more NHBC awards than any other company in their category). But I don't know about to small some of them a six beds. I live a cottage that is so small that my sons friends call it a hobbit house. Or is that because I'm so short?
Oh no now I've let you know I'm a short fat greedy barsteward.

got a bit of s+c float and set and render coming up over the next couple of weeks, be nice to get an edge on to trowel again!

well built yes they are but the three bed ones were very boxy for 250'000 i bought one down road for 220'000 bigger

Tis true you can ram your perma shapes where the sun dont shine, 16" marshall on mortar for 6 weeks you'll be able to shave with it.

Yes a nice heavy weight block, clean sand and a labourer that knows his stuff .... taking of shaving anyone else use a straight ? ( cut throat razor )

gave uyp shaving in the autumn, officially a beardy weirdy now, or (as the wife calls me) jesus...

went to a proper traditional barbers the other week first time id ever had a proper shave hot towel all i was waiting for was something for the weekend sir

Pug said:
gave uyp shaving in the autumn, officially a beardy weirdy now, or (as the wife calls me) jesus...

Lol i know what you mean Jesus, i use to hate shaving till i learned how to do it properly , modern razors and gels are sh*t with there silly little vibrating buttons, its all down to clever marketing.

napper83 said:
went to a proper traditional barbers the other week first time id ever had a proper shave hot towel all i was waiting for was something for the weekend sir

But how did your skin feel afterwards nap ?

southernmonkey said:
i shave once a week i'm too lazy to do it anymore then that

I was like that , hated shaving painful, sore and being lazy, bought a few old school products learnt how to do it the right way now i shave every day even look forward to it, i will pm you a link monkey and see what you think .

church said:
southernmonkey said:
i shave once a week i'm too lazy to do it anymore then that

I was like that , hated shaving painful, sore and being lazy, bought a few old school products learnt how to do it the right way now i shave every day even look forward to it, i will pm you a link monkey and see what you think .

post the link for us church ;D

i cant grow a proper beard myself..just one under me chin...but if quaker beards come into fashion ..then i'll be the coolest cat in town......

im 6ft 4ins 19stone of pure takerway fat man skiming happy days

ha ha ha 19 stone and still going im such a fat c**t cart run for s**t love a curry ummmmmm curry

I had a part time bouncer come to work for me a few years ago, I told him his work wasn't up to scratch and would have to let him go, he said "I've never had anyone say my work isn't good enough before" I said well you have now. He got really upset as he was worried how he was going to explain it to his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.