FAILED

Members online

barmyuk

Lads

As im an employee i get told what to do..........

told my boss the forecast was to rain in the afernoon but he made us pebble dash 25m2 of a garden wall, the elements then hit the wall when it started to rain in the afternoon and at night time the temperatures dropped so i now have dashed wall that has sagged and has lose chippings on due to the rain and the frost, surveyors have been out and have righlty said they want it re dashed, what would yous do apart from hack the top coat off? would you try and leave the scratch on and re key it mechanically if possible? thoughts? first time in 16 years this has happened and im gutted, i take pride in my work and all becasue the boss didnt listen this has happened!

any ideas would be appreciated.........

waiting for the sarcastic one!!! ;)

cheers lads

Lads

As im an employee i get told what to do..........

told my boss the forecast was to rain in the afernoon but he made us pebble dash 25m2 of a garden wall, the elements then hit the wall when it started to rain in the afternoon and at night time the temperatures dropped so i now have dashed wall that has sagged and has lose chippings on due to the rain and the frost, surveyors have been out and have righlty said they want it re dashed, what would yous do apart from hack the top coat off? would you try and leave the scratch on and re key it mechanically if possible? thoughts? first time in 16 years this has happened and im gutted, i take pride in my work and all becasue the boss didnt listen this has happened!

any ideas would be appreciated.........

waiting for the sarcastic one!!! ;)

cheers lads
Ask your boss ;)

I would personally give it a scrape back to get as much chips off as possible, sbr it then coat and hit it again, it's no big deal really.

I have been beaten by the rain, once, that's important to mention, cos there was no other race after that. Cocky enough, thought I will be quicker. You should of see me standing in front of the gable and watching it going down. What a c**t :loco:. Ended up scraping the dash receiver and redoing it next day.

ha he wants me to take top coat off,sbr then apply top coat again, this has me sick this job if only......
I'd have no problem with that. As long as he's paying you to re-do it. He insisted on you doing the job despight the forecast so the cost should be down to him.

I unfortunately work for employer aswell, But if I knew the forecast was rain n still told to do it I would have took tarpaulin to cover it up? Obviously if it's windy they can be a right arse n possibly mess up the Roughcast ...
Gentle power wash out the top coat from the scratch?

thanks for the replies, pleased im not the only one.........

it was a windy day right on the coast, could not cover it as it was on a public right of way, im not bothered about doing it just what other people think of me hacking it off.........

yeah ill be getting paid again to do it as he has even admitted it was his stupid fault!!

cheers lads

As above, scrape back, sbr and re-do.

Good for you that you are gutted and care. Mine would find it funny.

Maybe carry some debris netting round with you. That has saved us many a time.

As above, scrape back, sbr and re-do.

Good for you that you are gutted and care. Mine would find it funny.

Maybe carry some debris netting round with you. That has saved us many a time.

such a shame, never find anything like this funny mate!!!

am there to make the gaffer money........

when you say scrape back sbr again, do yous mean apply another scratch or apply top coat to allow dashing?
sorry its late and englands just drawn against russia lol!!

Depends on how well it scrapes back. Back to flat then 1 coat and dash. If it is uneven then it may need a scratch coat.

No, runs down the strands. Saved my bacon loads of times.

Stops rain, frost wind and sun.
I use it myself mate it's worth every penny cheap a chips aswell and saves any potential head aches [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk