eze spat! what size

Status
Not open for further replies.

hail hail

Private Member
Doing a bathroom refit for the mother in law and was doing it for free but she's saying I have to take something. Apart from a pair of her used panties, I'm going to ask for an eze spat and may ask for a pole as well so now looking recommendations for what size one is best seeing as I'm only going for 1. I've 3 speedskims, 600mm,1200mm and a 1800 one. Out of these 3 I prefer the 1200 so wondering would the eze spat 1200 be as handy or smaller?

Get the 800, nice middle of the road that will go hand in glove with the 1200 sskim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does every1 finish with theirs? Flatten and trowel up? We've bought 1 but not feeling it at min or are there just mainly for flattening?

I flatten in first then once topped another quick flatten then nela all the way.i use 600 and 1000.:)

Use it straight through to finish, if you don't your not getting the full use of it.
If you use speedskim, then flatten with that and finish with the eze.
Nothing wrong with using the eze straight through though horses for courses.

Stick with it kitchy, I was same after a week, but now I actually look forward to ceilings. The bigger the better [emoji12]
Dry trowel walls with it to help break it in a tad

Use it straight through to finish, if you don't your not getting the full use of it.
If you use speedskim, then flatten with that and finish with the eze.
Nothing wrong with using the eze straight through though horses for courses.

Stick with it kitchy, I was same after a week, but now I actually look forward to ceilings. The bigger the better [emoji12]
Dry trowel walls with it to help break it in a tad
Do you trowel walls with it aswell or just use it for ceilings? Bit hard to use at min as builder is as keen as mustard wen he seen us pull that out of van he nearly had a heart attack..we are getting a very good rate from him so bit reluctant to use it on his tried it other day and looked abit ripply so put it away..got a 60m2 ceiling to do in morning so guna try run thru with it

I know where you are coming from, try not to much much pressure on and keep it fairly flat early on in set.
When new to it you will probably get it with a good few tiger stripes, but stick with it, go one way then the other, if you get the stripes in it don't panic they'll come out nearer the end of the set, you might have to go over it a couple of times more near the end but it's no bigee as it only takes a few minutes using the eze!
I don't generally use it on walls but did for the first few weeks I got it to help break it in. I'd use it on walls if I had some humongous walls to do in commercials etc

I know where you are coming from, try not to much much pressure on and keep it fairly flat early on in set.
When new to it you will probably get it with a good few tiger stripes, but stick with it, go one way then the other, if you get the stripes in it don't panic they'll come out nearer the end of the set, you might have to go over it a couple of times more near the end but it's no bigee as it only takes a few minutes using the eze!
I don't generally use it on walls but did for the first few weeks I got it to help break it in. I'd use it on walls if I had some humongous walls to do in commercials etc

This mite sound stupid but wen the pole attachment is fitted the pole isn't ment to move is it? Like so u can move the pole back and forth if that makes sense? Wen we have fitted pole and attachment to the eze the pole is solid that's rite isn't it?

This might also sound thick but all the footage I've seen using these spatz/edges the guys are flattening in or maybe first trowelling, as it picks up do you give it a splash of h2o to prevent lifting or is it unnecessary, looks great for big ceilings and panels can you bring up a top class finish with them ,I imagine would leave very straight.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

This mite sound stupid but wen the pole attachment is fitted the pole isn't ment to move is it? Like so u can move the pole back and forth if that makes sense? Wen we have fitted pole and attachment to the eze the pole is solid that's rite isn't it?

Struggling to make sense of that kitchy, nothing is supposed to move...... Just change the angle later in the set if needs be. Just like a trowel.

This might also sound thick but all the footage I've seen using these spatz/edges the guys are flattening in or maybe first trowelling, as it picks up do you give it a splash of h2o to prevent lifting or is it unnecessary, looks great for big ceilings and panels can you bring up a top class finish with them ,I imagine would leave very straight.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

For a month or so I had to use water with it, used a little pump action spray bottle, people used to say they didn't need to & I couldn't fathom out how.....
I always had peeling or juddering if I didn't.
However a good few months down the line I don't use any, whether that be timings I've got used to, the spat more broken in or the lower temperatures I have no idea!!

Ye did a cross over with it but finished with refina as soon as off this job will be trying it properly it came in handy to give the 1st crossover as was a big ceiling 8 bag gage on ceiling and walls with just 2 of us as our 18 apprentice has jacked after a day as he said it wasn't for him! We gave him a easy day other day aswell the youth of 2day..give it a bit of a sharpen aswell on yesterday's gage,not keen using it on this job as builder will just try picking bits out saying don't want it using on here as he's old school

Ye did a cross over with it but finished with refina as soon as off this job will be trying it properly it came in handy to give the 1st crossover as was a big ceiling 8 bag gage on ceiling and walls with just 2 of us as our 18 apprentice has jacked after a day as he said it wasn't for him! We gave him a easy day other day aswell the youth of 2day..give it a bit of a sharpen aswell on yesterday's gage,not keen using it on this job as builder will just try picking bits out saying don't want it using on here as he's old school
I wouldn't have a builder telling me what tools I could use. Tell him to go f**k him slef

Not wen were getting £4.50m2 labour only il use my hand if he told me to..he hasn't said dnt use it just dnt want to take a risk with a tool just bought as need to get to grips how to use it etc so just don't want to give him a excuse etc

Status
Not open for further replies.