EZE 24 any good spraying for OCR?

Members online

JayJSF

Returning to the UK and will be plastering again in February, had a Ritmo L briefly a few years ago but can't afford to lay that sort of money out at the moment and will be happy to mix the OCR/CPI just would be handy to spray it. Also will be looking to get into thin coat silicone finishes so thought EZE24 would be a good choice? or is it?

Used machine would be perfect if anyones selling and if it will be suitable for what I need!

Last edited:
Returning to the UK and will be plastering again in February, had a Ritmo L briefly a few years ago but can't afford to lay that sort of money out at the moment and will be happy to mix the OCR/CPI just would be handy to spray it. Also will be looking to get into thin coat silicone finishes so thought EZE24 would be a good choice? or is it?

Used machine would be perfect if anyones selling and if it will be suitable for what I need!
If it's cheap and cheerful you want then the Eze will do it. It's a great machine for thin coat and is quick and leaves a nice finish.
Thin coat base coats its good as it's only 6mm but when you want OCR thicknesses or mono though it's fairly slow and can spray inconsistent if you don't keep the hopper well topped up.
If your labourer is fast and can keep the mixes consistent then you'll do ok with an eze. It'll never match a ritmo on OCR but you'll pick an eze up at half the price so it's horses for courses really.

If it's cheap and cheerful you want then the Eze will do it. It's a great machine for thin coat and is quick and leaves a nice finish.
Thin coat base coats its good as it's only 6mm but when you want OCR thicknesses or mono though it's fairly slow and can spray inconsistent if you don't keep the hopper well topped up.
If your labourer is fast and can keep the mixes consistent then you'll do ok with an eze. It'll never match a ritmo on OCR but you'll pick an eze up at half the price so it's horses for courses really.

Ok thanks for the info mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah with the skim hoses and gun you can mate. It's a versatile little machine.
We keep having half discussions about whether a machine for house bashing is worth the investment. Them m200's look great and to be fair there really affordable on finance but it seems theres alot to go wrong esp if your new to it.

With the eze you mix the gear and dump it in don't ya? Plus there half the price so i'd rather but it outright i think if we decided to go for one?

We keep having half discussions about whether a machine for house bashing is worth the investment. Them m200's look great and to be fair there really affordable on finance but it seems theres alot to go wrong esp if your new to it.

With the eze you mix the gear and dump it in don't ya? Plus there half the price so i'd rather but it outright i think if we decided to go for one?
Eze for thin coat all day ,to knock up put in a machine ? mad ! thats why most sell them

Eze for thin coat all day ,to knock up put in a machine ? mad ! thats why most sell them

Agree for thin coat, but there are a number of guys (as pointed out above) who may not have the funds avalible for a mixing machine - this can be a step to the machine world for them

With regards to most selling them for the reason of it not mixing, that's not completely accurate in my opinion. For internal work, it's no bother for the guys and we have a number doing it for this (yes a mixing machine is better suited). We have sold hundreds of EZE 24 machines and there haven't been that many sold used - many are still being used.

Majority have purchased the machine for thin coat work, but due to its versatility it's being used for a lot more

I agree with you on the concept of buying a machine and it not mixing is mad, but it is also down to what people can afford and what they need. If it's day in day out mono - it's not the machine for them.

Agree for thin coat, but there are a number of guys (as pointed out above) who may not have the funds avalible for a mixing machine - this can be a step to the machine world for them

With regards to most selling them for the reason of it not mixing, that's not completely accurate in my opinion. For internal work, it's no bother for the guys and we have a number doing it for this (yes a mixing machine is better suited). We have sold hundreds of EZE 24 machines and there haven't been that many sold used - many are still being used.

Majority have purchased the machine for thin coat work, but due to its versatility it's being used for a lot more

I agree with you on the concept of buying a machine and it not mixing is mad, but it is also down to what people can afford and what they need. If it's day in day out mono - it's not the machine for them.
Thought they were over £5k Ryan ? could be wrong

It is simply mix the gear up and pour it in. Very simple and 'EZE' to use if you have training.

If you want a demo, happy to organise this. We also have machines available to hire as well so you can try it for a few weeks to see if it's for you

As said great for thin coat ,add a bit more or second hand get a machine thats knocks its it up as well

As said Ryan, the finance packages are great on the m200 i was really just thinking is it a way to get started without the complications of a machine that mixes and also the size of it. As i've mentioned before we do housebashing mostly so being able to lift it in and out the van each day rather than needing a forky was also a big part of the thought. The eze is 46kg and the m200 almost 120kg no?

It is simply mix the gear up and pour it in. Very simple and 'EZE' to use if you have training.

If you want a demo, happy to organise this. We also have machines available to hire as well so you can try it for a few weeks to see if it's for you

Already considered that but renting one for two weeks is £600+ so thats almost 15% of the purchase price to try it out (a waste in my opinion) if/when we were serious about considering buying one i'd rather come down and try one out then learn on the job when we owned one i think.

As said Ryan, the finance packages are great on the m200 i was really just thinking is it a way to get started without the complications of a machine that mixes and also the size of it. As i've mentioned before we do housebashing mostly so being able to lift it in and out the van each day rather than needing a forky was also a big part of the thought. The eze is 46kg and the m200 almost 120kg no?
If you going with Ryans Machines hire one for a week first ,sure he will look after you ,better to do that then have £5/8k on finance

Already considered that but renting one for two weeks is £600+ so thats almost 15% of the purchase price to try it out (a waste in my opinion) if/when we were serious about considering buying one i'd rather come down and try one out then learn on the job when we owned one i think.

Always deals available on hire mate, if you then purchased the machine I wouldn't charge for the full hire (length of hire and discount to be agreed).

One guy can easily get the M200 or the EZE 24 out of a van. The M200 can be broken down in minutes with ease.

The EZE maybe enough for what you need but your more than welcome to have demos on both options

Dont get to many lads on here talk about the Eze any more ,when they first got pushed it was every day !

Always deals available on hire mate, if you then purchased the machine I wouldn't charge for the full hire (length of hire and discount to be agreed).

One guy can easily get the M200 or the EZE 24 out of a van. The M200 can be broken down in minutes with ease.

The EZE maybe enough for what you need but your more than welcome to have demos on both options

Cheers Ryan, i'll wait until later in the year when we'd be in a position to actually buy one before i start wasting your time with demo's but appreciate the input.

Steve

Cheers Ryan, i'll wait until later in the year when we'd be in a position to actually buy one before i start wasting your time with demo's but appreciate the input.

Steve
Try all machines before you buy ,ask the lads on here ,Danny is not facebook ,the threads are real !

If I was going to buy a machine for spraying skim I'd make sure of u can use mp finish or BG spray finish. As I said b4 multi is a c**t to spray.

But if you are going to get into spaying skim I'd say go with the eze. If u are using a machine that can mix u need to be setting up water but pump and a lot more cleaning involved. The eze u would clean it out in a few minutes. As u said only 46kg. I used to mix and pour mp finish. One man would mix up what we would need and the other would set up the machine. We found this best. If you are going to spray multi when you start to spray don't stop on till you go to wash the machine out.

If I was going to buy a machine for spraying skim I'd make sure of u can use mp finish or BG spray finish. As I said b4 multi is a c**t to spray.

But if you are going to get into spaying skim I'd say go with the eze. If u are using a machine that can mix u need to be setting up water but pump and a lot more cleaning involved. The eze u would clean it out in a few minutes. As u said only 46kg. I used to mix and pour mp finish. One man would mix up what we would need and the other would set up the machine. We found this best. If you are going to spray multi when you start to spray don't stop on till you go to wash the machine out.

It'd have to be multi i think and i've seen alot of threads with people saying multi can't be sprayed but i can't see a reason why we would need breaks. That would be the plan for 1 of us to mix and flatten and the other to spray and clean down.

It'd have to be multi i think and i've seen alot of threads with people saying multi can't be sprayed but i can't see a reason why we would need breaks. That would be the plan for 1 of us to mix and flatten and the other to spray and clean down.
Hire the machine out and see how u get on. Fill beads and doors frames out with the trowel that way you won't get over spray. Spray havey at the top of the wall about 6 inch from the ceiling line and push up with the trowel that keeps the ceiling clean.

You've seen how multi builds up over time though On handboard and trowels even when cleaned well. It just skins over. The same would be happening inside the pipes.

Does the same not happen with spray finish or does ot have some sort of additive to clean it at the same time? Is there no solution to the build up issue?

Does the same not happen with spray finish or does ot have some sort of additive to clean it at the same time? Is there no solution to the build up issue?
No spray finish is a lot lot easier to clean. Multi will destroy inside the gun hose hopper tbh. It would be great if u could put some sand and cement through a skim setup to clean it but u can't.

@Vincey, think this guy had it Sussed with the multie.

Im not doubting that spray finish would better better gear im just saying when house bashing we don't supply and i'd be looking to swap to a supply price but I've tried that and most aren't keen because lads start putting it on even tighter lol

Im not doubting that spray finish would better better gear im just saying when house bashing we don't supply and i'd be looking to swap to a supply price but I've tried that and most aren't keen because lads start putting it on even tighter lol
Am one of them lol

I'm only a newbie but have noticed and learned quite quickly imo.
Thistle spray is the one but like beefy says if you working for someone who supplies your stuffed for using it , then it's gotta be multi, fair enough tbh I think Clemo hit the nail with go for Eze and mix and pour, why? Cus beefy is probably not gonna be doing more than 6-8 bags and ritmo or m200 set up etc is out of equation, but then he got dilemma.. how long will be before he might need new parts from using multi through it? I don't know tbh or how much they would cost ?
Plastering lol we can't win. Anyways @thebearbeef i spraying a house 14th February onwards you can come and have bash if you want mate more than welcome

Forgot to say probably mix and pour as well through ritmo lol as that's the only way I don't have problem with the god dam settings but in all honesty it might be the pump or no pump lol gonna have to finally fork out for one now though but ain't paying £400 for the fu##er :risas: