external rendering of an outdoor bbq/fireplace

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davewhitelock

Hi folks am a keen diyer and new to this forum
my question is this what the best method/mix do i use to affix PVC 10mm rendering bead and what ratio of mortar do i use for rendering including drying times between affixing the beads and apply the rendering and finally painting.
sorry for the long list.
I thank you in anticipation.
Best regards Dave

4 wash sand to 1 OPC plus waterproofer for scratch and to stick beads..

Leave to cure for a week ideally

Damp down before top

5.1 top coat with feb

Leave for a month before painting again ideally..

This is a basic ratio which will be fine for your fireplace/BBQ

Without knowing the substrate (what you are rendering on) it's hard to give you any more specifics..

Good luck

sorry I realised after posting I didn't mention what I intend building the fireplace/BBQ with it will be 450x225x100 cement blocks lined with firebricks. thanks for the quick reply I take it that you mean I will be doing one coat 10mm thick @ 5.1?
Many thanks spanky regards Dave

Thanks for your concern Tam the PVC beads will be nowhere near the fireplace part and will be lined with firebicks the nearest the beading will be is 350mm away.
Regards Dave

sorry I realised after posting I didn't mention what I intend building the fireplace/BBQ with it will be 450x225x100 cement blocks lined with firebricks. thanks for the quick reply I take it that you mean I will be doing one coat 10mm thick @ 5.1?
Many thanks spanky regards Dave

Go for 15mm beads bud, stick your beads up then scratch @ 4-1,top once cured @ 5-1, leave a month then paint

I would use stainless beads for the sake of the extra bit money still , if the fires on for a while am sure they will still heat up and possibly melt ..... On save the 15 quid or what ever and maybe have to do it again ?

In regards to rendering garden walls... Do you have to put a bell bead on the bottom or can you just go to the floor.

This is just a garden wall i would never do this on a house

Status
Not open for further replies.