external insulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a 4k grant here for external insultion but to become a registered installer is expensive up to 5k,you have to use a nsai approved product as far as know there is only one that meets there standard.Then you have to complete a house which they inspect and if its up to standard you become a grant approved contractor.Im grant approved for attic and internal insulation but not external.

theres somes council propertys getting upgraded near us , they are doin eifs , i think its brick rend , not the brick slips as its bloomed badly, lovely job shame bout the bloom. but i think alot of councils have started goin down this route!

The grant system is a good idea,everyone is looking to improve there homes instead of selling.The internal work is good earner if you can dry line,skim move any sockets and replace skirting etc yourself.

4400kevin said:
There is a 4k grant here for external insultion but to become a registered installer is expensive up to 5k,you have to use a nsai approved product as far as know there is only one that meets there standard.Then you have to complete a house which they inspect and if its up to standard you become a grant approved contractor.Im grant approved for attic and internal insulation but not external.
goody said:
you in ireland kev? came across the grant thing over there shame it's not here
Cant see it coming here I have asked before, seems like too expensive for the government to be interested, thats why they put the onus on the homeowner with this rule of if you re render 25% or more of someones house you must upgrade the wall insulation. I spoke to one of the council bofs and suggested to him they are happy to fill cavity where they can get into and fill lofts but when a cost of hacking off and ewi covering a house its like nah too dear, lets make a rule that makes it the homeowners responsibility

seen the cork insulation boards today, looks good and same uvalue nearly - think tou need about 10mm more thickness to get same as eps

is it possible to use kingspan/cellotex to insulate then mesh and render over.whats the most cost effective way to insulate then render?

you can buy systems of the shelf kingspan and rokwool do a slab for rendering onto then just need a suitable base and finish but to be honest it would be as cheap and easier to get a full system like mentioned here for between 16-18 m2 you aint gonna get it much cheaper unless you were buyin millions of sq metres worth dont forget its insulation and render in one.
How cheap do you want it to be? insulating a cavity wall and installing S&C render would be more expensive

16 to 18 per m2 seems very cheap I heard people saying €50 per m2, does that include render or just the insulation?

that would be the whole system supply and fitted
remember there are many insulated systems for many substrates and build types and the range of price is vast. 16-18 would buy you the basic insulating render material only vat on top of course but if it comes with a warranty is another matter.

prob been asked before,also this system is new to me.whats the best way to fix these insulation slabs?how is the mesh fixed?also what render would be supplied is you used the mats 14-16m2?

bobby said:
prob been asked before,also this system is new to me.whats the best way to fix these insulation slabs?how is the mesh fixed?also what render would be supplied is you used the mats 14-16m2?
type that agin bobby but in a different way - not sure what ur askin there pal av you ad a drink

Status
Not open for further replies.