Ewi

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeroy

Hi guys, has any of you used the brand ceresit? I normally use jub but I am pricing a mate of mine up so trying to do it cheap and this brand is a third cheaper I'm told the silicone top coat is very good can anyone confirm that thanks

Never heard of it. But cheap isnt always best tho. I use jub for my works. Wouldnt use a cheaper alternative that you never used just because of price

Give them a call a bud,see how long they've been around,do they have any long standing projects you can visit,ask if they've had any issues(you may not get an answer but if they say 'no' they're lying) find out their spec also,you will hopefully get some help on here,if after a bit of research your reasonably happy just do a small job with it first to see what you think.thats all I can suggest really as havnt used it:)

Cheers kgreigh, that's what I was thinking:) just thought I'd put the feelers out on here. Some Eastern Europeans have done one in my area with it and it all looks good but time will tell and they went over painted brick ( no insulation) so not the best test

Hi guys, has any of you used the brand ceresit? I normally use jub but I am pricing a mate of mine up so trying to do it cheap and this brand is a third cheaper I'm told the silicone top coat is very good can anyone confirm that thanks
Is it a part of the kilsaran range?
It sounds familiar.

They sent me a load of free bagged render down.
Not sure there ewi has a Bba though.
If there gear is cheaper than others and your happy with it crack on and use it

Never heard of it. But cheap isnt always best tho. I use jub for my works. Wouldnt use a cheaper alternative that you never used just because of price
Have you used the Nanoxil 1.5 Dansouth,if you have is it similar to use as their normal 1.5 and how much dearer is it than the normal one , its funny that you get 12m2 out of the Nanoxil rather than the usual 10m2

Have you used the Nanoxil 1.5 Dansouth,if you have is it similar to use as their normal 1.5 and how much dearer is it than the normal one , its funny that you get 12m2 out of the Nanoxil rather than the usual 10m2
Yes mate nice gear to rub it. Feels sticky to apply because of the higher silicone content though.

@Leeroy is the ceresit stuff your looking at the gear on eBay? If it is I've actually spoke to the guy who's selling it he told me it was exactly the same as usin wetherby gear then i spoke to him again he swore it was exactly the same as Sps gear, I've noticed this is about the third different brand he's selling in as many months, my advice is stick to what ya know, Jub ain't cheap but I'd rather pay the extra and get good quality materials that you know have been tested throughouly, by the way I used the unixil texture Friday and was surprised how nice it was to use :maraca:

Cheers Themucker1, yes my mate who in doing a job for,told me about it after I told him his material prices based on jub. I'm going to stick to what I know thanks for input guys :) jub is great to spread by hand but I spray it love the finish

Dansouthcoast no mate spray it and that's it slightly different finish than by hand but I like it loads better flawless finish and you can cover some silly m2 :)

Leeroy, when you spray Jub Nano do you rub it up as normal or is it a sprayed finish? What machine and do you need an external air compressor?

Hi Rigsby, I use eze24 plug and play I got ewi set up and it comes with compressor, I love it mate finish is amazing, flawless, just spray it don't rub, you can control it very easy 10 speed settings I use it on setting 1 it's perfect :)

Love the machines, but I will be heading the XL route. In my opinion the best by far. Finish is indeed different than done by hand. Not saying is better . You use slightly less top coat, but you put less on the wall. When you are after the big metres you compromise the top coat. Very noticeable the day after.There is nothing better than hand finish if you can deliver consistency and quality. With the machine is easier-you always can go back and fix it.The weak areas are corners and windows, which I found is better doing them in advance, not perfect, but just a thin layer of top coat to form it perfectly . Same story with the verge trims. Lots of pluses and minuses, but if you get it right, machine is well worth investment IMHO

The major difference between hand applied top coat and sprayed is the first one looks great from close distance, machine sprayed- from across the road.Its not bad, but you have to experiment with the speed,distance from the wall,with or without adding water to the top coat .........until you get it right. Don't take for granted the instructions how to apply the top coat given by the machine gurus .You will be surprised how small changes can make big difference to the final product.Once you there it's a great feeling.

1 guy can spray and 1 guy knock down behind him have a look on YouTube under sto render, but I like the finish I achieve by spaying, I think it's all about control that's why I do it on speed one

The major difference between hand applied top coat and sprayed is the first one looks great from close distance, machine sprayed- from across the road.Its not bad, but you have to experiment with the speed,distance from the wall,with or without adding water to the top coat .........until you get it right. Don't take for granted the instructions how to apply the top coat given by the machine gurus .You will be surprised how small changes can make big difference to the final product.Once you there it's a great feeling.
Thats the thing. Clients like the troweld flat finish. Always hear i want a smooth finish. Never a tyrolean finish

Thats the thing. Clients like the troweld flat finish. Always hear i want a smooth finish. Never a tyrolean finish
I know what you mean . Many contractors do not allow machine to be be used, mainly for this reaso. I am seeing on here many times how people do 500m2+ with machine, but then when you look close you can see the primer at the back . The best I have ever managed on my own is 130m2, but I had to go back and put a bit more to come close to the hand finish. As I said you will spend some time experimenting until you find the finish you are happy with. Forgot to mention this trick of mine - first coat I do a bit wet and the second time no water to the top coat at all. It depends what top coat you are using too, I am referring at the shape of the stones here. The more round the better. The finish is really nice. For instance 1.5mm finish from different brands the crystals are always with diferent shape. Nothing is more annoying than having a few swirls on your top coat finish and here is were the machine comes.Yes, it's not the same , but you can come close and the consistency is the winner. I think you should hire one and see for your self Dan.

Or try to get more on the wall and go with the finishing spatula over it.
Well on a good day with 2 spreads and a labourer we can top 100-130m and clean up. So not much in it then really except being f**k*d at end of day. Maybe try spraying at float it option. Would that work?

That's another option, yes! Getting machine is like changing the whole routine within the team. You really have to find a way to make the best of it.The machine will spray it more evenly and you will use the float very little.However, using the machine in a first place will give you a very unique patern-tyrolean- like. Floating over it will change slightly the finish ,but still will be diferent than by hand.If you get a machine ,find a way to apply the top coat close to the hand method. At the end of the day is a compromise, but consistency is hard to beat.In my opinion in the future we will see more of it, because of the even finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.