Ewi gang wanted southampton area.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you not mate.

I used to think the same until i started as supervisor then on my own. I dont think it would be physically impossible for the industry to pay on the day. There is so many chains these days.

Yeah different if its small builder with a small extension or similar.

But builder gets a 50k refurb. Client will pay in stages.
Builder buys mats and gets rip out and 1st fix.done. if all labour and trades claim then whos responsibility is it to finance this?

Small.jobs pay on day. Commercial 14 to.30days
I know Dan and had my fingers burned in my early days with the 30 day stuff etc. If terms are agreed before hand and everybody knows where their coming from then thats fair enough. Even domestics in my early days some would take the piss in paying up. So now i make every customer aware i want paying as soon as im finished and they are satisfied with the work done etc.
I havnt got the patience anymore hence i stick with what and who i know etc. Im just an old grumpy so and so lol

I know Dan and had my fingers burned in my early days with the 30 day stuff etc. If terms are agreed before hand and everybody knows where their coming from then thats fair enough. Even domestics in my early days some would take the piss in paying up. So now i make every customer aware i want paying as soon as im finished and they are satisfied with the work done etc.
I havnt got the patience anymore hence i stick with what and who i know etc. Im just an old grumpy so and so lol
Surely that would limit what type of work you take on?
Do you work for builders/developers?

Surely that would limit what type of work you take on?
Do you work for builders/developers?
Mostly domestic but builders and developers but i do the odd commercial too but i state my terms first but i wont do 14 days for anybody. I stick to those ive worked for before any new contacts are usually recommendation so they usualy give them aheads up what to expect when i discuss payment and terms etc.

Domestic, yes paid up on completion no reason not to,but we mainly work for developers they clear there invoice at the end of the month, aswell as often we have different sites on the go for them.

Getting paid in 14 days when you subbing for someone is totally acceptable and fair. Cant believe some people would want getting paid on the spot in a scenario like that, whos having a hump for same day payment must live from hand to mouth. I dont think rates are that bad to not to have something to fall back on till you get paid. Majority of people get paid after worked a month or fortnight in a school or warehouse or whatever.
I usually give 14 days for payment from date of issue for domestic work, which sometimes turns into a month if being busy and not having the time to invoice. On commercial, for developers and agents 30 days is common to pay but sometimes runs into 45-60 days.
I got the odd few clients who are paying on the spot or before.
I had a few worked for me demanding pay when jumped in the van in the morning, they all stacking shelves now for half the money.

Getting paid in 14 days when you subbing for someone is totally acceptable and fair. Cant believe some people would want getting paid on the spot in a scenario like that, whos having a hump for same day payment must live from hand to mouth. I dont think rates are that bad to not to have something to fall back on till you get paid. Majority of people get paid after worked a month or fortnight in a school or warehouse or whatever.
I usually give 14 days for payment from date of issue for domestic work, which sometimes turns into a month if being busy and not having the time to invoice. On commercial, for developers and agents 30 days is common to pay but sometimes runs into 45-60 days.
I got the odd few clients who are paying on the spot or before.
I had a few worked for me demanding pay when jumped in the van in the morning, they all stacking shelves now for half the money.
Longest we went was 3 months and that was just before last Xmas and we shelled out £3000 in materials alone that was a proper piss take was a massive contractor fair to say what work for them again u find the bigger the company the longer you have to wait to get paid

collecting your payment is the most important part of your work. that is the very reason why you go to work , you are not there for health reasons!

If a guy takes on a contract , he needs to have the dough in place to pay his men, subbies and suppliers. If he hasn't the resources he shouldn't be in the game. Money talks , bullshit...........*

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.