Everyone should wear safty glasses

Im just seeing if there is a reason why people dont i lost the sight in my left eye in 2007 from getting weber pral m in it and in November 2016 had the eye removed because of constant pain?

Im just seeing if there is a reason why people dont i lost the sight in my left eye in 2007 from getting weber pral m in it and in November 2016 had the eye removed because of constant pain?
Jesus! Sorry to hear that mate.
Never use em...just a hassle and they need wiping all the time.
Maybe I will now :envidioso

Sorry to hear that mate

I always wear safety glasses when machine rendering. Got shot in the eye in 2010 with pral.m and was lucky to save my eye.

Any spraying even tyrolean. Had bits in my eyes before but fed up of being a hero.

I always wear safety glasses when machine rendering. Got shot in the eye in 2010 with pral.m and was lucky to save my eye.

Any spraying even tyrolean. Had bits in my eyes before but fed up of being a hero.

Very lucky for you mate

Most f the time. Had really bad experience with lime years ago ,as apprentice , and promised to myself never again.

Do you all wear safty glasses when rendering if no why not?
Nice thread post I was thinking of a thread like this for the new Health and We'll being section on here , if we ever get one ,

To right glasses should be worn especially nowadays there are some really cool looking, comfortable and affordable ones available for us

on a more serious note - it just goes to show how dangerous the material can be, that plasterers work with on a daily basis

Nice thread post I was thinking of a thread like this for the new Health and We'll being section on here , if we ever get one ,

To right glasses should be worn especially nowadays there are some really cool looking, comfortable and affordable ones available for us
7724891456_02e08c1efe_b.jpg
are you on about these Vincy ?

I'm gonna big up the best on the market imo, good ventilation on all these so no steaming up , clear all round vision too and they are all very comfy , my top specs is a dead heat between bollee ( who have a wicked selection tbh) and caterpillar ,dewalt do some nice light weight ones but I'd recommend any of these
IMG_6488.JPG
IMG_6489.JPG
IMG_6490.JPG
IMG_6491.JPG

christ... didnt know it got that bad

Sorry to hear about your eye,that's rough.You are right about safety glasses,lads should look after themselves more.

It wasn't even from spraying it was as simple as putting a bucket of gear down it was abit wetter than normal as i was using it to mesh around some Windows and some bounced out and went straight in the eye no time to blink. Everyone get the odd bit in there eye at some point but it only takes one time to loose the eye completely

straight from Weber H&S INFO

Health and Safety

Contains cement (Contains chromium (VI). May produce an allergic reaction). Harmful by inhalation. Irritating to eyes and skin. Keep out of the reach of children. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical help. After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of soap and water. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection. Keep out of the reach of children. For further information, please request the Material Safety Data Sheet for this product

My mate got some sas Europe pro rend in his eye he said it was agonising pain and it was oozing muck out of it for days, should be wearing dust masks for mixing aswell really but that's never going to happen

When I got shot in the eye it was very painful as expected. I actually had glasses on but the sprayer stopped and said he thinks it's blocked the pipe.

The gun had a shut off valve. Me thinking it was a blocked pipe, I lifted up my glasses to analize the problem. The gun was facing my face. He then turn off the shut off valve and the built up pressure made the gun shoot out pressurised material hitting me in the eye.

I straight away laid down and had someone flush my eye out with a hose pipe. Then Optrex. But my lower eye lid had grit stuck down under my eye ball. Rung for a taxi and lucky for me one was passing. I got took to the emergency eye clinic and got seen straight away. It took some doing getting the grit out and my retina was badly scratched. Had a couple of days off with a banging head ache.

But the nurse said I did the right thing washing my eye immediately. Most cement eye splashes the victim tries to rub it better or hope they get over it. The cement burns your retina and causes serious damage.

Always carry eye wash in your van, it can save your sight.

With mine it got washed straight out in site office then straight to Dorchester hospital then straight to Bournemouth hospital they were still getting bits out 2 weeks later all in all about 3 months in hospital

I wear some if it's windy and I'm scraping apart from that I don't they just get in the way unfortunately

I've got permenant damage to my left eye, I got an eyeful of render in it and it scratched my cotrneal it healed pretty well but I still have slight vision loss in my left eye it's like a floater and I get sort of black specs in it , you can't tell by looking at my eye but it slightly impairs my vision, now I'm used to it. Always wear goggles when spraying or even hand applying.

I see lads spraying without goggles and wince for for them.
I've had eyes cut out me on windy days scrabbling mono and even mixing mono, wind blew dust into my face filling mixer, and got an eye ful of skim before too. Got bonding n mortar in it too. Not pleasant. Would wear then scrabbling on windy day now, sometime dust mask too as breathing that s**t in can't be good. It'll be the new asbestos in 15-20yeara I reckon.

I use to wear glasses then had laser eye surgery and now I wear sunglasses and safety specs all the time :D I am normally in one or the other

I've done it,scraping mono 15 years ago and getting shavings in my eyes.
It's bizzare you see lads scraping back with no goggles or mask on and you pity them,the risk rhey put on themselves to make a wage.

What's the best set of safety specs if you already wear glasses? Ones that fit over....I got an eye full of skim the other month and it wasn't pleasant