Evening all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have finally made the jump.............or rather been pushed. I was made redundant just after Christmas and have set up on my own. At least this way I left with a bit of money to help me along rather than leave of my own accord with nothing.
I am borrowing a van for a while from my bro in law who is conveniently working in Costa Rica. Done the business card bit and setting up with HMRC. Now the hard work of getting word about that I'm around. I've sent letters to all the general builders about enquiring if they have anything and done some footwork delivering door to door.
I'm s**tting myself to be honest but the feeling of freedom is great. So I will be on here a bit more now.
Cheers guys.

Hello everyone I'm knew on here and new to the trade really been good reading some of the tips cheers always looking for new ideas as I need to speed up a bit really keep having the multi nearly going off on me an cant afford some one to mix up for me

Hello everyone I'm knew on here and new to the trade really been good reading some of the tips cheers always looking for new ideas as I need to speed up a bit really keep having the multi nearly going off on me an cant afford some one to mix up for me
Hey Joe ,all about practice mate ,it not open heart surgery ,keep at it :RpS_thumbup:

captain, is there no councelling practises down in the deep south, once you have attended a 6 month intensive session you will know its called a handboard,welcome

captain, is there no councelling practises down in the deep south, once you have attended a 6 month intensive session you will know its called a handboard,welcome
How you doing Hector ? ,hope life if treating you well ,but make sure you keep taking the tablets mate :RpS_thumbup:

keith,you used to call your handboard a hawk, now after advice/counselling/care in the community, you call it a handboard,tell the captain how its changed your life the respect you get on sites now, help pull him away from the dark side before its to late, remember a handboard, anyhooo are you okay,busy, good lad keep going:RpS_thumbsup:

keith,you used to call your handboard a hawk, now after advice/counselling/care in the community, you call it a handboard,tell the captain how its changed your life the respect you get on sites now, help pull him away from the dark side before its to late, remember a handboard, anyhooo are you okay,busy, good lad keep going:RpS_thumbsup:
Things are picking up thanks Hector ,you know how it goes ,all comes in at the same time ,must be this new H ......i,m not going there :flapper:

Anyhoo.................enough about 'handboards'.
Never used those plastic beads before but I have a quote to do for some external rendering so I suppose I had better get used to them.
Anyone experienced any difficulties with them? Do you have to do anything slightly differently? How do most of you stick them on?

Hi ccm and jd and welcome. Ccm get yourself a website, get 1000's of flyers, put on what you do, give a couple of example prices i.e 12x15 ceiling over artex ( subject to survey) x amount. People like an idea of how much before ringing. When working on a job , spend 1/2 hr droping flyers out around you, get your lab. To do it. Get some a-boards on the garden etc, ask the customer if you can leave for a couple of days. Get m8s to have boards outside their houses, get into estate agents and get ourself known. Magnetic signs on yourvan/ car and missuses too, it is scary but you'll be fine and good luck.

cheers keithuk I'll keep going just might need abit of heart surgery with the multi finish at times nearly been caught out a couple of times,If you dont mind any advice on how I can always get a good finish on reveals some times they just don't want to flatten off thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.