Evening all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captaincaveman

Evening chaps (and any lady spreads out there too)

Been out of the game for a long time (about 20 years) and looking to get into it again. I probably won't be a serial poster on here but might just lurk in the background to pick up some tips on the new materials that are out there.
Hope to make a few online friends here.

Have a good evening.

3/1 bringing up the kids
100/30 pub
5/1 factory job
20/1 fishing
100/1 shopkeeper
1000/1 writing a book

Lol. I've been kitchen designing. Mind numbingly boring actually. I realised after doing some lime plastering on my bro in laws place today that I really missed being on site. So I have decided to try and build up some work and return to it again.
No prison. :)

Yeah everyones keeping their kitchens for longer at the minute so things will be quiet for ya I reckon. Same all over apparently:RpS_crying:

Evening chaps (and any lady spreads out there too)

Been out of the game for a long time (about 20 years) and looking to get into it again. I probably won't be a serial poster on here but might just lurk in the background to pick up some tips on the new materials that are out there.
Hope to make a few online friends here.

Have a good evening.

Welcome to the forum Captain caveman :RpS_thumbsup:

photo-2223.jpg

welcome back to the wonderful world of plastering captain CAVEMAN, oh and becareful what you call your hawk they get REAL touchy some even call them handboards... really i mean really!

if your looking for something different come and check out our section helps if youre into gardening though :RpS_cool:

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Yes, I'm obviously old enough to remember the cartoon Captain Caveman but I was struggling to think of a name. The reason I chose it is because caving is one of my hobbies.
I call my hawk a hawk. When the hell did anyone start calling them handboards? Lol. Is this a new thing?

Anyway, tore down my lath and plaster ceiling in my house today. It reminded me of why I overboard them most of the time. Jesus, what a bloody mess. I taped up all the doors but forgot about the gaps in the floorboards upstairs! Dust got everywhere FFS.
Have a good week everyone.

Call it a hawkboard mate, keep everyone happy. Lath n plaster eh, murder, the dust will be settling for days:RpS_crying:

Call it a hawkboard mate, keep everyone happy. Lath n plaster eh, murder, the dust will be settling for days:RpS_crying:

ffs fatarm you're a fiking genius and a potential Politician i think we have solved it run it pass Mr nps if we all accept hawkboard

thats totally awesome and you're my secretary even better just shows you YTS pays off, but thats befor my time :RpS_thumbsup:

ffs fatarm you're a fiking genius and a potential Politician i think we have solved it run it pass Mr nps if we all accept hawkboard

thats totally awesome and you're my secretary even better just shows you YTS pays off, but thats befor my time :RpS_thumbsup:
if only we could all evolve vertical relationships; imagine a world in which innovative front-end technologies ceaselessly synergize turn-key networks; it would be a landslide, a paradigm shift, a breakpoint. Now all I need to do is visualize my bleeding-edge niches and I will be complete... All learned on my yts, we never done a deal on the secretary, besides I am to busy developing my hawkboard. :RpS_thumbup: I reckon you're as old as clay:RpS_lol: before my time indeed:RpS_lol:

nar sorry it not gonna work

Come on Mr nps :RpS_cursing: we are trying to think out of the box or fatarm is out of his box :RpS_blushing: not sure! but we are being inavative creative and
seeing which plasterers will consider it and when it may become a commercial offering.

Will OfficeTalk be an add-on to the new dynamic Hawkboard 2012 A new standalone product? the company had no more information to share at this time we will keep you informed :RpS_lol:

nar handboard

i have no idea what you just said:RpS_biggrin:

youll find that people who talk like that have been in the closet at some point if they arnt still in it, not a box

Haha. Hawkboard. Magical.
I notice how Fatarm does not put his age on his profile!
Seriously though, don't be put off doing this. The guy that taught me to plaster was a Scot who was 72 years old when I first met him. Showed me how to make a copy of an existing cornice with his workbench and a Coke can. Effing brilliant man who I wish I could have spent much more time with. I would probably have stuck at it if he taught me for longer.
How is business out there at the moment? Are you all starving to death or have I made the right choice?

come on caveman you buying shares or what! Fatarm and i have developed an amazing product which will revolutionize the plastering industy it blends the old hawk and new handboard together in one product the hawkboard so all plasterers will understand and this will unify the plastering faternity.

genius :RpS_lol:

come on caveman you buying shares or what! Fatarm and i have developed an amazing product which will revolutionize the plastering industy it blends the old hawk and new handboard together in one product the hawkboard so all plasterers will understand and this will unify the plastering faternity.

genius :RpS_lol:

Sounds good to me. What are the share prices at the moment? Will you be FLOATING on the stock market?? Lol

Erm no not really, the building trade in general is on it's knees toBe honest, I've never known so many of my mates without work, joiners, plumbers, painters etc. Not enough work and to many guys lookin for work, drivin down prices all over. Just have a look round the forum and you will start to paint a picture of how it is right now,sorry to sound a bit gloom and doom but that's the way it is and I don't know when we will see a change?:RpS_crying:

Hmm. Well I think I will probably be better off earning money for me rather than some other ******. Still think I will give it a go but at least at the moment I still have another job to fall back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.