Estimate on Cost to Plaster a 3 Bed-Semi

Sparkies and plumbers charge more than a wounded rhino and no one bats a eyelid!!!

when a spread puts a average quote in people those their minds. Prob Cos we get covered in s**t and are tools are a bucket of rust ‍♂

Nobodys ever died from poor plastering that's why.

Hate to say it but that's the hard facts!

Sparkies and plumbers charge more than a wounded rhino and no one bats a eyelid!!!

when a spread puts a average quote in people those their minds. Prob Cos we get covered in s**t and are tools are a bucket of rust ‍♂
Too many TV programs about how to get your house transformed , never do they dwell on the pros and cons of this trade , it's just a number that you can knock down
Nobodys ever died from poor plastering that's why.

Hate to say it but that's the hard facts!
Doesn't legitimise charging top money for the donkey part of their work on a return , same thing as plumbers charging gas money for fitting a bog

Too many TV programs about how to get your house transformed , never do they dwell on the pros and cons of this trade , it's just a number that you can knock down

Doesn't legitimise charging top money for the donkey part of their work on a return , same thing as plumbers charging gas money for fitting a bog

I dont begrudge them 1 penny theve gone to college they have responsibilities to ensure work us safe.

It is what it is, no good us saying if you can piss you can paint etc. Let's be honest it's been deskilled to such an extent that is how we are deemed.

We do all aspects but in the grand scheme of things were no better thought of.

Said to wife last night if economy goes to shite this will be my last year I haven't got the hunger or will to fight for scraps through another recession.

I dont begrudge them 1 penny theve gone to college they have responsibilities to ensure work us safe.

It is what it is, no good us saying if you can piss you can paint etc. Let's be honest it's been deskilled to such an extent that is how we are deemed.

Said to wife last night if economy goes to shite this will be my last year I haven't got the hunger or will to fight for scraps through another recession.
Vinceys already bagsyd the burger van so you'll have to do chips ,, at least you get a lye-in

Same here.
47 now so if its goes wrong I went to college to get my l2 city and guilds in plumbing 2 yrs back so if I'm forced to sell my rental property to survive (which was my small pension) gonna clear the mortgage and use the change to do my acs gas quals or get a cushy 9to5 job with sick pay and hols

No warning signs in trying to see how much a plastering job would be and having a tight budget. From what I have seen I had estimated prices of around 6-7 k max but I wasn't sure so yes, £10k does sound high. Maybe its not and I will have to accept that.
I am not going to run off and not pay someone, never have and never will do that so don't be so quick to judge people.
This is the first time I have had to deal with buildings works and because they mortgage we got was less then we went for it means we have had to cut a lot of works that we intended to do and are trying to get as much done as possible with we have.
I’ve got a 10” mutton dagger pal.......it’s true because I’ve said so on here.

Electrician takes an hour to wire a couple of sockets £300 ...a plasterer....plasterers a bedroom takes roughly a day charges £400 which one is Dick Turpin

I’ve got a 10” mutton dagger pal.......it’s true because I’ve said so on here.
Look, I have no idea what your problem is but someone saying they're on a budget does not make them dodgy and likely to run off without paying. Very odd thing to say to someone in my opinion. The warning signs are not there, you are just seeing something does doesn't exist.

Look, I have no idea what your problem is but someone saying they're on a budget does not make them dodgy and likely to run off without paying. Very odd thing to say to someone in my opinion. The warning signs are not there, you are just seeing something does doesn't exist.
Why dont you ask someone of here local ton you to call and give you a price

The reason that saying that rings alarm bells is that the job is what it is and it costs what it costs.

When people say they are on a budget, nobody thinks that they are (especially) likely to run off without paying but what people do do is make their problems yours.

Gosh that's a lot. Is there any way we can get that down a bit? I was hoping you'd finished by now. Ah, the (cheapest) sparky has let me down. Job will be ready tomorrow.

I'll labour on you (no you f**k**g won't)
I'll board it (don't you f**k**g dare)
Listen, I'm just waiting for that cheque to clear, can you hang on a day or two.

Danny 30 - Give it up. You've been given really good advice from true professionals, don't argue about it, especially the bit about what not to say, even if you don't understand it.
I lived in a London house with s**t walls and no wallpaper for years because I didn't have the dosh. You and the kids won't come to harm.

Danny 30 - Give it up. You've been given really good advice from true professionals, don't argue about it, especially the bit about what not to say, even if you don't understand it.
I lived in a London house with s**t walls and no wallpaper for years because I didn't have the dosh. You and the kids won't come to harm.
Hi Brim, I am going to not arguing and do appreciate all the advice. I just don't see the need for people ovetanalysing comments. Yes, I am looking cut costs where I can but that is not unusual. I accept the prices if that is what they are.

Hi Brim, I want arguing and do appreciate all the advice. I just don't see the need for people ovetanalysing comments. Yes, I am looking cut costs where I can but that is not unusual. I accept the prices if that is what they are.

Don't take it too hard, mate. Plasterers can be rather blunt at times, but there are some honest, real-world, answers here that will serve you far better than people leading you astray by giving you unrealistic expectations and blowing sunshine up yer arse. :coffe:

Hi Brim, I am going to not arguing and do appreciate all the advice. I just don't see the need for people ovetanalysing comments. Yes, I am looking cut costs where I can but that is not unusual. I accept the prices if that is what they are.
Little tip never cut/scrimp on a finishing trade, end of the day your be staring at tiger striped walls for the rest of your days ,pay nice not twice

Hi All. I got the place skimmed in the end and all looks okay. There is just one room where half the ceiling was replaced by boarding and skimming over. I painted it after dully drying and have noticed a small crack along the line of the new boarding as well as brownish discolouration. The ceiling shouldn't be leaking but did previously have a leak so not sure that is connected.

Can you please advise me if this is in any way normal and if not what has gone wrong?

Pictures below :

Attachments

• IMG_20200514_094313142.jpg
    IMG_20200514_094313142.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 322
  • IMG_20200514_094307223.jpg
    IMG_20200514_094307223.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 341
  • IMG_20200514_091418632.jpg
    IMG_20200514_091418632.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 303
  • IMG_20200514_091408740.jpg